HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:42:43 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DARK DAYS  (Read 11689 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2017, 02:22:23 AM »

How damn awesome is it that DC will LOWER the PRICE of subsequent issues since the initial sales, re-orders, and pre-orders are there for this?!!

HOW INSANE IS THAT?!!

I mean, SERIOUSLY, I don't think we could ever have come up with that on our own!! "Hey guys, wouldn't it be great that if a comic company made enough on their overpriced initial issues they would drop the price the rest of the issues so people would buy more?"

NO, WE COULDN'T HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT BECAUSE THAT ISN'T TAUGHT IN BUSINESS SCHOOl.

Floored when I read that. If DC and Marvel were 2 heavy weight boxers going at it, round after round since DC threw stuff aside with Flashpoint, and Alonso took over as EiC, this move right here was an unblocked, jaw crushing haymaker stunner that has Marvel reeling around the ring.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2017, 10:49:23 AM »

Well I wouldn't go that far to say it is against business school learning.
 Smiley

They know damn well that they will get massive good vibes and more sales for lowering the price on multiple issues, especially after Marvel increased theirs on just the one.
 Grin

Yep, smart business when you can
- get more publicity
- get more buyers
- make your number one competition look even worse than they are looking by themselves.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Now if Rebirth issue #1 wouldn't have sold like it did for the price they put on it, I bet they wouldn't be doing this. But it did, and I for one (and yes, I know I am not alone) love this!!!!
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2017, 12:02:50 AM »

Well, you can be damn sure that I'm going to buy every single issue!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2017, 09:07:02 AM »

Well, you can be damn sure that I'm going to buy every single issue!

I hear Ya !!!!

I am all over it  Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2017, 07:51:30 PM »

Perry, I swear somewhere you discussed 'The Casting' but that must be back in the weekly reader threads...and I just haven't gone to find it.  Roll Eyes Cheesy

I had to go to a SECOND shop to find a copy, as my LCS sold out, and the copy I did get was the last one, that I had to ask for since I saw it behind the counter (the other worker was reading it the shift prior), and the corner is slightly bent (VF+ now), but I got it!!

Looking ahead, and knowing that after issue #1 of Metal, all the rest are $2.99, here's the 'damage' I'm expecting:

Metal #1
Metal #2
Metal #3
Batman Lost #1
Hal Jordan & GLC  #32
Metal #4
Hawkman Found #1
Metal #5
Metal #6

However...we have the Batman: The Red Death, Murder Machine, Dawnbreaker, Drowned, Merciless, Devastator.

6 one-shots.

Hmm...I won't lie, I damn near bought everything during 'Flashpoint'-and there was some damned good stuff out of there! The Aquaman, Wonder Woman minis were really good. As was Batman. Superman, not so much. Skipped Cyborg stuff. I think there was some other 1 shot stuffs that I may or may not have read. But on the whole, good stuff.

These are just one-shots. Am I curious? OH hell yeah.

As I'm dropping Green Arrow (I mean it! I'm done with it!! I have to quit you!!), there is some more money back in the pocket. Aquaman and Deathstroke went down to only monthly publishing, so..in a way...I'm not buying any more than I once did...and I'll have saved that money up to this point....so it's not like I"m buying anymore...

Wink Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2017, 12:43:56 AM »

However...we have the Batman: The Red Death, Murder Machine, Dawnbreaker, Drowned, Merciless, Devastator.

6 one-shots.

8 one-shots I believe, so even better  Grin
I know of Lost and The Batman Who Laughs, though I am not sure if those one-shots are related to all this or ... but hey, they are on my list regardless
 Smiley

And yes, I think Flashpoint was an excellent center point for all those tie-ins. They all made sense if not good stories. Plus they actually, ya know, tied into something.
 Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS