HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:44:01 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi  (Read 34288 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 13, 2017, 02:29:49 PM »

I just had a thought.  Could Supreme Leader Snoke actually be Emperor Palpatine and he didn't die when Vader tossed him over the balcony ?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 05:34:14 PM »

There are guesses wondering if it's actually Palpatine's master or an actual clone of Palpatine himself.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 06:44:52 PM »

Yeah, I heard a rumor he was the first "clone"

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 06:51:10 PM »

He does kind of look like those creatures that created the clones.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 05:45:37 PM »

No spoilers here but I just saw this today at the 9:30 AM showing.

Good movie with loads of early problems (for me), but still ... a very good movie.

Lots of very good acting/emotional scenes, decent comedy and a few very powerful "HELL YEAH!!" moments.

My initial, still buzzing from the soundtrack reaction places this as easily a top 3 SW film. Maybe even ... hell ... right now, at this moment, it may be my favorite. I am sure that after the new and shiny glow removes itself from my eyes I will drop it down a tad to where it will and should end up ... right at #3 right after Empire and New Hope, but yeah, I think at this moment ... it may be my favorite and that is ONLY based on a couple very impactful, emotional moments. Adam Driver is the shit!! Yeah, my favorite. Just for now.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 09:05:28 PM »

Not sure when I'm going to get to the theater.  As a family we'll go over the holiday's but I want to see it before I'm spoiled.  Might have to find a way to sneak out and see it on my own.

Funny thing happened at work today.  I was on a conference call with about 30+ people.  At the end of the call when everyone was saying their good bye's and hanging up this one lady said "May the force be with you!"   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 01:31:13 AM »

Seeing online that a lot of people are hating on this movie.
I just don't get it.
Again, I had a couple issues early on, but well below the problems I had with Rogue One, say. And it did, even with more flaws, get better for me at each turn.

Hope Jimmy doesn't hate it. Because if I like it ... and the way our luck seems to go ... he may not.
 Grin

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 04:14:44 AM »

i'm still just in utter SHOCK.....

that Perry saw a movie in the theaters before I did. Grin

going tomorrow morning.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 07:15:27 AM »

i'm still just in utter SHOCK.....

that Perry saw a movie in the theaters before I did. Grin

going tomorrow morning.

Shocked. I am stunned by that too!

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 03:47:39 PM »

and Opening Weekend !!!!   must be "mirror/mirror" Perry Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 05:52:52 PM »

I KNOW!!!
And on a Friday at 9:30 yes,  I figured would be a good time for a "less than packed" house, but once again only about 10 peeps in the entire theater the day after release? I love this theater!!!

And again, I do have some issue with this movie, but yeah, it is fun!!!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 11:30:00 PM »

For me?

I thought it was okay. Pretty good.

Some AWESOME moments; no doubt!!  Cheesy Smiley Smiley

But not my favorite.

I'll write some editorial later.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 02:22:09 AM »

If you put it anywhere close to those damn prequels Jimmy, my head is going to explode. IF you put it close to Rogue One, my head is going to explode. So at worst, it better come in at your 5th favorite or ... well, you know
 Cheesy

Even after my eye thrill has lessened, I still say it is very much in my top 3 ... easily. Better than Return by a decent, but not large margin and better than 7 by just a tad.

Even with that huge problem I had towards the 3/4 mark

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2017, 02:50:42 AM »

I've only seen Rogue one once so I don't even consider that in a top any rating for me.. Last Jedi is probably fifth for me.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2017, 10:25:08 AM »

Can't wait to see why  Cool Smiley (EDIT - but glad my head is safe  Cheesy)

I do know that the ... and I have tried to avoid spoilers as not to entice Jeff  Grin but ...

I absolutely hated in the beginning when the Empire didn't fire a single shot at the escape ships. Waiting for the "Dreadnought" to do all the work or some shit. What the hell?
Also hated, like Peter making a deal with Mephisto kinda hated, when Leia ... well, lets just say (in case Jeff couldn't hold out  Cheesy) when she made her return to the ship. Hated that. It really put a sour spot on the movie for me.  
And what the hell was all the uproar over those Progs or whatever they are called? They were just in a couple scenes and were not intrusive, yet all I heard before seeing the movie was all the hate. Really?

Just a couple of the things I didn't enjoy, and I will hold off on the three moments that made heart flutter, made my hair stand up and made me smile like a 10 year old when I saw them.  Grin but for the most part, yeah, I thought it was pretty damn fun.
 Smiley
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 11:38:02 AM by Perry » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS