HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:58:30 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: question about comixology  (Read 6262 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« on: June 03, 2017, 02:12:20 PM »

So I see that Amazon is having a huge sale on Marvel Masterworks ($3.40  Shocked) and I am thinking about taking the plunge into the digital world.  My question is....I signed into Comixology using my Amazon password so that when I buy them, I can read them on any of our mobile devices by logging into Comixology on any of said devices.

So doing a search on Comixology, I didn't find any of the masterworks on sale a t that price.  It appears to be just on Amazon Kindle editions.  Will i still be able to read these using the Comixology app? 

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 02:20:06 PM »

so i just asked my brother about this and he says i should just use Marvel Unlimited.  Is that a consensus here?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 05:37:32 PM »

You don't 'own' them unless you purchase them through Marvel Unlimited.

Also, if you just do the subscription, you are still beholden to what they have put up-so I would check the digital availability of the issues you'd like to read.

That's what I know about. I've been using Unlimited for...beginning my third year now. I still enjoy this route best, and I almost have all the past issues I've ever wanted to read available for me.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 04:26:39 AM »

For Marvel stuff, Marvel Unlimited is the way to go as long as you just want to read and not own them.

I read everything else on ComiXology and love it.  It has the better reader hands down and has some pretty good sales.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 10:23:51 AM »

Yep, MU is great, Fan-freakin'-tastic for reading older (and current'ish) Marvel titles. Not every single older issue is up on the site, yet, but they are getting there. Like it has been said, if you just want to read Marvel, MU can't be beat for value. It just can't

That said I do not enjoy MU's reader (its not terrible, I just wish it was better) and, also like said  Cheesy, you have to keep paying each year (or month if you choose) to have access to all the titles.

Comixology has a better reader (I still prefer CrossGen's from back in the day) and once you pay for the title, you have it. Well, not physically of course  Wink, but yeah, it is yours. And since Amazon bought them I think everyone's fear of "But what if they go out of business? What happens to my titles?" has been sated. So Comixology is the one to use if you want to "own" what you read and not have to worry about recurring payments. Plus, again, as said, they have some amazing deals and specials that come down the pipe from time to time (nothing like Marvel's recent Kindle sale, but what could beat that?)

Now if you are buying Image titles, and you should be checking into some of those *cough, cough Black Hammer cough*, they slide to a cheaper price, which is nice.

But Comixology's specials just kill my wallet. I mean, it hurts.
 Cheesy
So if nothing else, buy a couple 99¢ comics and try it out (or just "buy" one of the many free titles they have there)
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 10:30:45 AM »

So Cow ... you make a move on this?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS