HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:13:46 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Star Trek Discovery  (Read 14879 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 07:49:59 PM »

I am still baffled that one guy that was pissed off about becoming benched back to second string QB who then decided to pout while sitting on his ass during the anthem and then after getting slammed for doing it, he makes up some buillshit about sitting down in protest about police brutality and that has now turned into such a fervor about standing when the anthem is played.

I am very much a proud American, I salute the men and women that served and continue to do so, but I honestly don't care what people do during the Anthem. Do I stand when I go to sporting events? Sure I do, as do most people, but where is it written that I have to? Nowhere.
You know what IS written? That you shall not put the flag on any merchandise. No napkins, no hats, nothing like that, but look at all the people breaking that rule and no-one is up in arms about that. How about not placing the flag in a horizontal position? Yep, that is also against Flag Code, but at every damn NFL game ... the same game that all these people are booing those people not standing ... they bring out this huge flag and wave it around IN THE FREAKING HORIZONTAL POSITION. Where is the patriotic outcry about that?

And how about this ... how many of us stand in our living rooms when they play the anthem on TV? Yeah, no-one. We sit on our couch, slouched down with one hand down our pants, and the other holding a beer and listen to all the Boos raining in on these people who are at least bending down ... something a military person ask them to do ... while we do worse, bitch about those not standing while we sit on our ass.

That is my onion ... obviously there are a lot of others that are different.

That said, I enjoyed the Star Trek free episode. May join CBS free for a week to try it out.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2019, 06:27:29 PM »

I don't know if anyone here is watching this, but man, this years is soooo much better than year one.

I just watched the last 7 episodes of season two, back to back, waiting now for the finale (I think that is what it will be) and all I can say is this year is so much better than the last, it isn't even close!!

So good

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2019, 06:55:33 PM »

high praise as i though S1 was pretty entertaining (especially Mudd).  i'm only 2 eps in for S2 and need to catch up.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2019, 07:01:07 PM »

i'm only 2 eps in for S2...

I can't remember and don't want to spoil anything, but I'm kinda curious now as I don't remember  ... so ... nevermind

Man, again, don't want to spoil anything ... no, I will wait until you get to episode 3 before I ask about a certain Captain. Unless that means something to you, and which case ... how cool is that?
 Grin Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2019, 07:37:19 PM »

I never got around to finishing episode one of the first season.  So little time....

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2019, 09:15:07 PM »

Yep, hard to make time for it all, that is for sure!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2022, 12:58:50 PM »

As this is the "Main" show for Trek on Discovery I figured I would throw this up here...

Found out some information about Trek during the recent Television Critics Association press tour (No, I did not attend  Cheesy), but it seems as Paramount+'s goal is to have Star Trek "always on, a new episode every week and so there are set to have even more new shows coming. Here is what we know... think...
 Cheesy

- Star Trek: Picard will indeed have one more season and will end at Season 3

- Star Trek: Discovery is, most likely, ending at Season 5

- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds is starting soon, but will (like most everything now), be a soft season of around 8 to 12 episodes, but I hope it makes it to at least Season 5  Grin

- Star Trek: Lower Decks will go to at least Season 4, with hopes of another

- Star Trek: Prodigy (The kids animated show), is included in the "a new trek every week" mantra, even though I will probably never see it  Cheesy

And then there are the "whispered" new shows, including the first two here that are within .0008 of being 100% happening...

- Star Trek: Section 31 - A new show featuring well, the CIA of the Trek universe. Can't wait to see what THEY will do

- Star Trek: Academy - I think this is set to be a Y/A show and so, yeah, I will try it, get pissed and stop watching it

- Star Trek: Short Treks - Not this one I am super hyped for and yet this is the one that isn't close to being produced yet. This will be an anthology type of series with "one and done" episodes. Showing us stories inside and around the characters of the Trek Universe. Such as Sisko, Archer, Sulu, Romulans, etc... all single episode stories.
Very much hope this gets the green light!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2022, 12:04:30 AM »

- Star Trek: Short Treks - Not this one I am super hyped for and yet this is the one that isn't close to being produced yet. This will be an anthology type of series with "one and done" episodes. Showing us stories inside and around the characters of the Trek Universe. Such as Sisko, Archer, Sulu, Romulans, etc... all single episode stories.

There are already 10 episodes of this on Paramount Plus.  Are you saying there is another season?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2022, 10:49:07 AM »

There are already 10 episodes of this on Paramount Plus.  Are you saying there is another season?

Crap, maybe I got that title and description wrong? It was suppose to be a new show, one not currently in development. Maybe I crossed wires. Either that show is being renewed or there will be another, different ( the same, similar?) one soon... maybe?
 Grin
Ignore that for now
 Cheesy

EDIT - Okay, I dug around and found this statement -

"Goldsman, who talked with SFX Magazine (via Comicbook) is pitching the idea of an anthology series where the characters can appear in one-off episodes.

Short Treks has already done something similar, but those were brief, 10-15 episodes that focused more on present characters. Tales of the Federation, as Goldsman has named it, would be longer episodes about classic Star Trek characters like Sulu, Jonathan Archer, and others."

Whew! Thought I had totally lost it there for a second.
 Cheesy

EDIT 2 -
And do yourself a favor, Jeff, don't go digging around too much (or at all) into the other shows that are coming as they do contain spoilers from Discovery episodes that you have yet to see. I was spoiled on one little one that I wish I didn't see yet  Angry, so just fair warning. Wait until you are up-to-date with the show before looking or accidently seeing things that may spoil certain future... or past happenings
 Wink

EDIT 3 -
I forgot to include this... the poster for Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. I am so damn excited for this show!!!

« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 11:04:16 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2022, 11:30:43 PM »

That Strange New Worlds poster is awesome.

Oh and by the way, I am on season four now! Overall I have really enjoyed this series. But of course season two was the best. Which is of course why they’re getting a spinoff ha ha.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2022, 07:47:30 PM »

That Strange New Worlds poster is awesome.

Yeah it does!!
It reminds me so much of the AWESOME Peter David Star Trek series of books that I so damn wish they would either continue (they stopped a good bit ago) or they would make a freaking audio set for. They do have the first four mini-novels on Audible, but I want the entire run, DAMN IT
 Cheesy
Dang I loved this run

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS