HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:45:11 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ‘The Batman’ Gets June 2021 Release Date  (Read 2388 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 01, 2019, 12:54:28 AM »

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/the-batman-release-date-1203124294/

Copy from Variety link above...
----------------------------------------------

Matt Reeves’ ‘The Batman’ Gets June 2021 Release Date

Warner Bros. has officially dated Matt Reeves’ “The Batman” for June 25, 2021.

The studio has also dated a rebooted “The Suicide Squad”, which James Gunn is in talks to direct, for Aug. 6, 2021, Robert Zemeckis’ “The Witches” for Oct. 16, 2020, and Stephen King’s “Doctor Sleep” for Nov. 8, 2019.

Ben Affleck will not be returning to play the Caped Crusader, which had been expected for some time, as Reeves will be handpicking the next Bruce Wayne.

Reeves is writing and directing the pic.

Reeves was first tasked with taking over directing duties from Affleck in January 2017 and has been developing the film ever since. Following the “Justice League” movie, Affleck and the studio began discussing the actor leaving the series and allowing Reeves to pick his own Batman.

Reeves will also be producing with his “Planet of the Apes” producer Dylan Clark.

Sources tell Variety that studio execs have been very happy with early versions of Reeves’ draft and that he had been spending the past couple of months giving a final polish before he began meeting actors for the part.

No details have been revealed, including how old Bruce Wayne will be in the movie. Some believe Reeves wants someone younger, in their mid-20s, while others believe the studio wants someone a little older to play the part. Most insiders stress, however, that until the director begins meetings, no final decision will be made on that front.

Deadline Hollywood first broke the news on “The Batman” release date.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 02:37:15 AM »

Well over 2 years away for the movie; which was hinted at, or wanted to be started, after Justice League was released...which was 2017. Also, do we need another Batman again? I'm really starting to be '..eh' on that. Give me the Flash! Find a good Green Lantern story! (that's only set on earth, maybe? Or do some fun stuff ala Fifth Element? I dunno)

Warner Brothers, you are f***ing idiots.

Suicide Squad by James Gunn will be even later than that. Although, maybe you do need 5-6 years between movies, considering the first one.

At least Shazam is coming out in about 2 and a half months!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS