HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 04:58:24 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MISTER MIRACLE  (Read 14713 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 12, 2017, 04:40:33 PM »

Tom King on a 12 issue Mister Miracle comic. Yep. I'm all kinds of on this damn thing!!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05/12/intimate-12-issue-mister-miracle-series-tom-king-mitch-gerads-coming-august/

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 10:34:20 PM »

Count me in too!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 12:56:41 PM »

In celebration of this coming out next week, I went to the LCS and bought me a Mr. Miracle HeroClix figure ... which resulted in me buying about 55 other ones
 Undecided

But hey, looking forward to reading about ya next week, big guy!!!
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 12:08:00 PM »

So no-one else got this book?
Guys .... GUYS!! .... come on!!!!

Incredible art with an awesome art style. You have to check out Orion's helmet HERE (for one example) and how it is more ... animation cell looking, while the rest of the art is more usual comic fare, but even better than usual. And yes, that "cell" look looks even better and more distinct in the comic and it is used at times with great results in the issue.

Plus the story, oh man, the story. Okay, honestly, I am not sure what is truly going on, yet, but that is a good thing here. It really is. An sure, I have some ideas, but I also know that it could be more than any of the three things I think, or it could be exactly one of the ones ... or all of the ones I think and it is still fun.
 Cheesy

And yes, this book is also perfection in digital format. As there was one "turn of the page" in this book that worked so much better digitally than it did in the printed version (yes I read both formats) Digitally that one page, a nothing page really (nothing exciting), had more impact than it did on the printed page when I read it the first time. Just read it with your tablet vertically (like a true comic), not horizontally.
 Wink

Is this book a "ten", well no, it didn't blow me away in that sense, but is this a book, is this title, worth getting? Oh hell yeah.
Or "Oh Apocalypse yeah" I guess.
 Grin

9 outta 10 - TV channels with bad reception (for us older folks that remember what that looked like. "Adjust those ears")
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 04:27:00 PM »

Oh it's in my wish list!  Just waiting to purchase when I get to it.

Does it tie into the rest of the universe or can you read it on it's own w/o spoiling any others?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 04:57:28 PM »

Does it tie into the rest of the universe or can you read it on it's own w/o spoiling any others?

I can't speak of future issues, but this had nothing to do with anything that I know of going on in the DCU. But that could change. Of course, not a lot happened in this issue so ...
 Cheesy

Truth be told, I think this is going to be a fantastic collected run to read so maybe that would be the way to go. Just wait until all 12 issues hit and have a ball. I can't do that as -
A) I've been waiting on this for a long time
B) I already commited
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 03:21:02 PM »

Issue 1 was great.  This could  be the next Vision.

The obvious take on what is going on...

he's dead right?  And this series will be his journey to escape death.

Could it be this simple? Or will King pull a twist we're not expecting?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 01:42:02 AM »

Man....do I just buy this series outright???

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 04:03:45 AM »

Man....do I just buy this series outright???

That's what I'm doing.  Just don't want to miss it!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 06:25:54 PM »

Jimmy Is ..."
 Cheesy

And sorry Jimmy, you need to read the issue to get that (or be spoiled already)  Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 06:38:51 PM »

Hey Perry - I love how the cover to the old Kirby series that you use as an avatar is a poster on the wall in this comic!   Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 01:13:37 AM »

Yep
 Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 02:01:13 AM »

Yeah I added this to my list.

I mean, I'm getting the second printing, but that's okay. Wink

Unless I hunt around for it.  ...   ....

Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2017, 10:46:39 AM »

Issue #2

Not much time, just want to say ....

Soooo good.  Grin

I love the way they are
taking Orion into such a ... dictator type role? Or at least portraying him in that light for now  Grin And Barta just rocks. Oh, and the shower scene dialog
... yeah, good stuff

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 12:57:38 PM »

Issue #2

Not much time, just want to say ....

Soooo good.  Grin

I love the way they are
taking Orion into such a ... dictator type role? Or at least portraying him in that light for now  Grin And Barta just rocks. Oh, and the shower scene dialog
... yeah, good stuff

I enjoyed this too.  Interesting stuff indeed.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS