HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:10:32 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, May 10, 2017  (Read 7389 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 10, 2017, 03:46:48 AM »

Feels like I'm cutting through my backlog pretty good.  This will be my attempt for the new week.

ComiXology
God Country 1
God Country 2
God Country 3
Locke & Key TPB Vol 1: Welcome to Lovecraft
Micronauts 11
Revolution Prelude 00
Seven to Eternity 5
Superman TPB Vol 2 Super Sons - collects Superman 7-13
Teen Titans: Earth One Vol 2
The Walking Dead 166

Marvel Unlimited
Thunderbolts 3
Nighthawk 3
Old Man Logan 9
Mighty Thor 9
International Iron Man 5
Carnage 10
Uncanny X-Men 11
Moon Knight 5
Doctor Strange 10
Dare Devil Annual 1 (2016)
Vision 10
All New X-Men 12
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 11:41:00 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 02:12:03 PM »

Got through just two so far -

Champions #7
Champions #8
- Luckily, this book has turned once again and is now back to being a good read for me. Odd.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 08:42:48 PM »

Lot of progress so far.....

ComiXology
God Country 1
God Country 2
God Country 3

Micronauts 11
Revolution Prelude 00
Seven to Eternity 5

The Walking Dead 166

Marvel Unlimited
Thunderbolts 3
Nighthawk 3
Old Man Logan 9
Mighty Thor 9
International Iron Man 5
Carnage 10
Uncanny X-Men 11
Moon Knight 5
Doctor Strange 10
Vision 10
All New X-Men 12

God Courntry is pretty good.  Doesn't hurt that it takes place in Texas.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 11:59:20 PM »

God Courntry is pretty good.  Doesn't hurt that it takes place in Texas.   Grin

Cheesy

Well where else could an old white man walk around with a huge sword that wasn't his and not get arrested?
 Cheesy   
Cheesy
Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 03:42:17 AM »

God Courntry is pretty good.  Doesn't hurt that it takes place in Texas.   Grin

Cheesy

Well where else could an old white man walk around with a huge sword that wasn't his and not get arrested?
 Cheesy  
Cheesy
Grin

Damn strait!  Lololololol.    Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 03:11:50 PM »

Champions #7
Champions #8

Titans #11 - Lazarus Contract Part 1
New Super-Man #11 - Sad that this artist is leaving. But he is going to Action Comics, so maybe I will come back to that.
 Grin

Amazing Spider-Man #27
Avengers #7
Secret Empire FCBD
U.S.Avengers #4
U.S.Avengers #5
Weapon X #3
X-Men Blue #3

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 08:21:02 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 12:42:32 PM »

I'm hoping  this is good.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 12:43:50 PM »

ComiXology
God Country 1
God Country 2
God Country 3

Micronauts 11
Revolution Prelude 00
Seven to Eternity 5

The Walking Dead 166

Marvel Unlimited
Thunderbolts 3
Nighthawk 3
Old Man Logan 9
Mighty Thor 9
International Iron Man 5
Carnage 10
Uncanny X-Men 11
Moon Knight 5
Doctor Strange 10

Vision 10
All New X-Men 12
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 02:07:21 PM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 03:36:31 PM »

I'm hoping  this is good.

First part (this issue) was okay. Booth art really getting to me however.  Undecided

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2017, 07:48:40 PM »

Hope you start that Locke & Key soon, Jeff.
One of my all time favorite stories.

Just read -

Ultimates II #6 - Holy Hell !!! The size of this cosmic title just blows my head off!!! Ewing, on this book, over the last 5 issues, has reached Warren Ellis level of mind-F#@& storytelling!!!
 Cheesy Cheesy
Wow.
I mean ... Jesus this is awesome. So huge in scope. Talk about a title to read collected? This is the puppy. I mean, it is straight forward, not too confusing reading it monthly, though parts can be for a short time, but ... I mean, Galactus, Eternity, Dark Celestials? YES, F'n DARK CELESTIALS!!!! the birth of the Multiverse, plus tying into the old New-Universe titles like Justice and Psi-Force??? Are you kidding me? Even Forman's art has not brought this title down, though I can only imagine if this was still Rocafort, but yeah. This is, even if you don't enjoy it, a MUST READ if you are a Marvel Cosmic fan.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 06:13:11 PM »

Hope you start that Locke & Key soon, Jeff.
One of my all time favorite stories.

I'm saving it for last.   Grin
But I have finished Vision and All New X-Men and 1/2 way through the Superman Trade.  So soon!

Ultimates II #6 - Holy Hell !!! The size of this cosmic title just blows my head off!!! Ewing, on this book, over the last 5 issues, has reached Warren Ellis level of mind-F#@& storytelling!!!
 Cheesy Cheesy
Wow.
I mean ... Jesus this is awesome. So huge in scope. Talk about a title to read collected? This is the puppy. I mean, it is straight forward, not too confusing reading it monthly, though parts can be for a short time, but ... I mean, Galactus, Eternity, Dark Celestials? YES, F'n DARK CELESTIALS!!!! the birth of the Multiverse, plus tying into the old New-Universe titles like Justice and Psi-Force??? Are you kidding me? Even Forman's art has not brought this title down, though I can only imagine if this was still Rocafort, but yeah. This is, even if you don't enjoy it, a MUST READ if you are a Marvel Cosmic fan.

How does it compare to the Abnett & Lanning Cosmic stuff?  As good?  Better?  Just different?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 07:08:15 PM »

How does it compare to the Abnett & Lanning Cosmic stuff?  As good?  Better?  Just different?

Man, tough question.
No, not as good in one aspect. It's not as "fun", I guess? But man it is just the happenings are so huge in scope that it makes the title more highly interesting or intriguing. But no, not as fun as the original Guardians or Annihilation or anything like that. You don't get that "cool" comic booky vibe when reading this as it reads like a ...
It reads just like a Warren Ellis story. Warren isn't one to bring us those "fun" comics, but he wraps stuff into a ball so tightly sometimes that it makes you want to see what it is when it unfolds.
I guess it is more like watching an episode of Nova than reading the comic Nova? That make sense?
 Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 09:49:50 PM »

Down to just Locke & Key.  I really enjoyed the Superman Trade (issues 7-13).  Much better than that Eradicator story arc.  And man that Frankenstein story.  Turned into the best of the trade.  Sooooo sad.

ComiXology
God Country 1
God Country 2
God Country 3

Micronauts 11
Revolution Prelude 00
Seven to Eternity 5
The Walking Dead 166

Marvel Unlimited
Thunderbolts 3
Nighthawk 3
Old Man Logan 9
Mighty Thor 9
International Iron Man 5
Carnage 10
Uncanny X-Men 11
Moon Knight 5
Doctor Strange 10
Vision 10
All New X-Men 12

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 02:08:15 AM »

Locke & Key TPB Vol 1: Welcome to Lovecraft - ok that was awesome.  I read the entire volume in one sitting.  I couldn't put it down.  Definitely adding the next volume.

ComiXology
God Country 1
God Country 2
God Country 3
Micronauts 11
Revolution Prelude 00
Seven to Eternity 5
The Walking Dead 166

Marvel Unlimited
Thunderbolts 3
Nighthawk 3
Old Man Logan 9
Mighty Thor 9
International Iron Man 5
Carnage 10
Uncanny X-Men 11
Moon Knight 5
Doctor Strange 10
Vision 10
All New X-Men 12

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 01:10:53 PM »

I couldn't wait.  Started this last night and finished it this morning.  I don't know what I thought this series was about but it's nothing like I imagined.  Really fun to read!

ComiXology
Locke & Key TPB Vol 2: Head Games

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS