HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:45:51 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gonna complain about Wolverine  (Read 4983 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: April 23, 2017, 03:12:00 PM »

Okay, seriously, Marvel is beginning to mirror pre & post COIE of the 80's here.

Spider-man (Miles), Mr. Fantastic, and now Jimmy Hudson (Ultimate Wolverine's son) get pulled into the 616 MU proper, just because.

<was gonna rant on other things, but I'm sticking with Logan>

Seriously? Jimmy Hudson? Who gives a shit? We will now have Future Logan from alternate timeline, clone/teenage daughter, and alternate reality son?

I can't believe I'll say this...

JUST BRING BACK WOLVERINE!!!!

Sorry, that's just all inane to me. Those 3 iterations? For what purpose? Old Man has tertiary connections, but only as he considers everyone in 'his past.' Laura is still starting, going; and for that, I don't cast stones.

But to bring in some Ultimate yutz, who wasn't popular enough to help save that Ultimate U; who cares? Why? WHY?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 06:41:25 PM »

Wasn't around for him, but your anger about the subject pleases me for some reason.
 Grin
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 09:25:20 PM »

JUST BRING BACK WOLVERINE!!!!

Amen brother, Amen.

I never liked Jimmy Hudson in the Ultimate universe.  Not gonna read him now.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 01:06:45 AM »

Wasn't around for him, but your anger about the subject pleases me for some reason.
 Grin
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

It's because I'm channeling classic fanboy internet rage. It hearkens back to our youth. Wink

But seriously, who gives two shits about this character?

I think I looked at some upcoming covers, and I saw Viv Vision, Ms. Kamahla Marvel, Spidey-Miles, Old Man Logan, Thor Goddess of Thunder, Suri Iron Woman, Cho Hulk-WHERE THE HELL ARE MY COMICS?!!!

This shit is starting to become unrecognizable, and I think that is where Marvel is really starting to lose out.

Remember the old conversations?

"Who is Supergirl? Superman's cousin, right?"

'Actually, she's a protoplasmic alien from a different dimension that mirrored herself after Superman, then when dying was merged with an earth born angel that took on a human host's body.'

"WHAT IN DA FUCK?!!"

Now, just replace Supergirl with Wolverine, and see how ridiculous a statement you can make.

Shit got stupid for DC, and it's flying there fast with Marvel.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 10:25:59 AM »

Understand.

I'm just glad Marvel is resetting this "Fall", giving us back all the heroes we know and hopefully a new FF series written by Jason Aaron. Though honestly I am both excited and scared about that pick, but as I have rarely been let down by that guy, I am hopeful that he is going to do a good job AND that there will be an FF book to write.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS