HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:16:21 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: THOR: RAGNAROK  (Read 7743 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 10, 2017, 02:27:52 PM »

Yesssss!!!!!
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 02:33:18 AM »

That was pretty bitching!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 04:12:05 PM »

That looks awesome.  I had to share it around the office and people are pumped.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 04:35:46 PM »

Saw the trailer the other night when I went to see Guardians.  Looks like this one is going to be a lot of fun.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 06:28:34 PM »

And just in-case no-one saw this one (may have already been in the theaters)

May have to add this to the "excited about" thread
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 02:55:15 AM »

The Thor movie ragna-ROCKS!

(Sorry couldn’t resist)  Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 12:19:12 PM »

Seeing it tonight (finally!) 7:00 pm, so looking forward to it!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 09:04:46 PM »

I'm...blown away!

I've used the line that Thor got 'broke bad.' I'm not sure if that's the correct phrase to use, but it's true.

They broke Thor. And I enjoyed it. Immensely.

But it's not right. Is it? I don't know!! LOL

The movie was fun, funny as hell, silly as sh!t, really ridiculous, but true to Thor's identity.

This movie was not ANYTHING that I was truly expecting. I'm still not even sure what I just watched! I feel Marvel Studios just ...got broken by Thor. In all appearances prior, that Thor resembles nothing like this one. But this also allowed Chris Hemsworth to flex beyond a constrained, classic version of Thor as well. Was it too much? I think yes, but is it important? Perhaps. But the movie has weight. Oh, it has a complexity about choices for sure.

Thor and Loki? They've always made these movies, but even more so here. The situations they face as family, as enemies, and as allies were, well, everything that made them so important to the franchise. I could just watch them in an elevator and walking down a hallway for 2 hours alone.

Speaking of being, well, goofy, Hulk + Thor makes the best goofy buddy cop movie of all time. But I still struggle with feeling that this isn't a 'Thor' movie!! In the end, I guess I don't care. I wasn't insulted, I enjoyed the hell out of it, and it was made to entertain, show the heart of a hero, and make you believe in the good that can happen when the (First movie's) arrogance and hubris is tossed aside for the changes and decisions that move a character forward. Good job.

Just weird as hell though!

Jimmy T since 2001
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 04:21:05 AM »

I really liked this movie, but I must admit, I really would like to see the "classic" Thor who isn;t goofy, is very god-like and speaks with that Shakespearian Olde English speech pattern.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 09:54:44 PM »

I really liked this movie, but I must admit, I really would like to see the "classic" Thor who isn;t goofy, is very god-like and speaks with that Shakespearian Olde English speech pattern.

Long hair, more stern than jovial (unless he is in a story featuring his younger self) and yes ... the Thee's and thou art's should be spewed.
 Grin
Just doesn't feel like "Thor" without those.

Sure, take away his hammer he is still Thor, but ... oh ... wait ...
 Angry

Grin

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 10:45:56 PM »

A little goofy in places but pretty fun to watch.  I liked that 80s retro vibe it had.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 04:07:33 PM »

I LOVED this one.  My one complaint is they ruined the Hulk's entrance by advertising it.  Can you imagine the audience reaction if Hulk busts through the arena doors and nobody knew he was coming?  Same as Thor's, guaranteed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS