HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:21:48 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JUSTICE LEAGUE of AMERICA - REBIRTH  (Read 3623 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 20, 2017, 11:49:07 AM »

Justice League of America - Rebirth issue and issues #1 and #2

This is the same guy that wrote my Midnighter series? This is the guy that wrote my Midnighter and Apollo mini? No, can't be. This is not good enough. The Ray's dialog is horrible. The Atoms dialog and actions are weak. The Black Canary is suddenly acting more like a bouncer than a strong female heroine (maybe her time on the road changed her?). Heck, in fact, all of these issues are too full of disjointed conversations, poorly written exposition within dialog and a Batman I don't recognize.

Just like Captain America telling Deadpool that he is worthy of being an Avenger (Buuuuull-Shiiiit), why would Bats ever, ever, EVER have Lobo on a team he running? Also, Bat's is still in the "America"less Justice League, so if this big of a bad guy were to show up, why would he send this team in without at least trying to call in the big guns? This isn't the Penguin we are seeing here, this is a high level, high powered, bad guy. Not quite Darkseid, but not too, too far off.

At least they had Ivan Ries on art, so the bad here looked good.
 Grin

Luckily I needed to make a couple drops anyway, but man, to think I am enjoying a good amount of DC books yet both of the Justice League teams are not among them? Ouch.

4 outta 10 - Members that shouldn't be on the league
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 02:00:25 PM »

Awesome!  Now I don't have to waste my money trying this out.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 12:50:29 PM »

So I was watching Arron's (A comic Shop) video last night and he brings up an idea that I didn't think of that really makes sense. At least it gives a pretty good answer to my questions like -

Just like Captain America telling Deadpool that he is worthy of being an Avenger (Buuuuull-Shiiiit), why would Bats ever, ever, EVER have Lobo on a team he is running? Also, Bat's is still in the "America"less Justice League, so if this big of a bad guy were to show up, why would he send this team in without at least trying to call in the big guns?

Well, and this is not going to get me back on the book as the reasoning behind Batman doing the things I questioned were not the only problems I had with the issues I read (they were just not that good), but at least it makes sense of the things I said above.

Yes - Spoiler ... possible (most likely) --

Batman may
really be Jonzz J'onzz (Martian Manhunter) in disguise as Bats!!! I love that idea and it does make the problems I had above just disappear.

Nice!

And still not reading it, but nice.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS