HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:48:51 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: LEGION series  (Read 13896 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 10, 2017, 02:32:53 PM »

Legi¤n episode one

Oh ... man ... I freakin' loved this!!!

The direction was just incredible. A little hectic at times, okay, really hectic at times, but such an amazing job by all involved. This series may in-fact slide into the very limited and super selective "Watch it live" part of my television viewing. I hate watching anything live as the commercials drive me crazy; it's like monthly comics vs trades, the interruptions in flow, when not dictated by me, infuriate.  Cheesy Grin

Truth be told, while the wife will usually give "comic shows" at least a try, she was really excited to watch this as it starred Mathew from Downton Abbey  Cheesy She also ended up really liking it as well, which will help my "watch it live" effort.
 Cheesy

10 outta 10 - Omega Level Mutants !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 04:14:21 PM »

Definitely a fun 1.5hrs

i liked how i wasnt sure how many of the character might be real vs in his head.

good use of transition between realities.
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 09:03:17 PM »

And it keeps getting better.  i've heard a lot of speculation re: the demon with yellow eyes but i dont think anyone has tied it to who i think/hope it is..
The Shadow King
!!!

come on...how cool would that be Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 09:33:30 PM »

Heard that as well, though I kinda hope not as I like this being as far removed as can be from the rest of continuity ... like the time in which this all takes place thing.
Everything looks like mid 60's but they have hella tech as well (at least with monitors and laptops) I also heard it
could be MOJO
which I damn sure hope not.

But yes, after three episodes, this is my new favorite show, for now  Grin

I love how they keep
splitting a lot of the shots or sets/scenes in two halves, like the brain. Heck in this past episode three we see it really well with that real bright light on the left side of the scene with a real dark view on the other when they are walking around for Halloween. We get it about 9 or 10 times an episode (along with the eyes ... have you noticed the two eyes everywhere. From lights to just circles, everything looks like eyes  Cool)

Smiley

EDIT - Wringer!! (and others that have seen the show ... and if you haven't what the heck is up with you?  Grin Wink)

Check out this indepth look at the show, if you want to see that sort of thing. They are not really spoilers per se, but do make you see the show a tad differently after you view them  Grin But yeah, watch ... and learn ... if you dare ...
Episode one - insight, speculation and thoughts HERE
and
if you decide to dive further ... Episode Two HERE
 Shocked
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:42:06 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 10:09:41 PM »

I forgot all about this show coming on!  Just checked and fortunately the first three episodes are On Demand.  Just set them to download to my DVR.  I'm glad it's good - can't wait to check it out.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 12:40:47 AM »

I have 3 or 4 episodes each of Arrow, Flash, Legends, Supergirl, and Legion waiting for me.

The kid has been really sick...again. As am I again....

so exhausted...

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 10:52:30 AM »

so exhausted...

Jeez, man, I bet you are. Hope all is better soon

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 02:08:06 PM »

This show ... THIS SHOP !!!!!!

Just finished episode 6 and came to the sad realization that there are only two more left to air.

It is looking more and more like this is ... and please don't look if you haven't watched, as this is a huge spoiler, if true ... but it is looking like this is
indeed the Shadow King as the baddie. But ya know, as much as I didn't really want that to be the case, they have done it, again, if true, so well, I can't complain one bit. Really love this guy/gal  Wink and it is truly creepy when he is on the screen.

Also so glad this was not on FOX and instead went to the "lower" station FX. There is no way FOX would have done this show this way. They would have spelled out, over worked it with too much exposition, not allowed the craziness and certainly wouldn't have got to see bare butt  Wink. Man, with TV Fargo 3 coming around the corner, I love this channel.
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 03:11:46 AM »

I just finished Ep 6 right now.

I ...am not giving this show it's due diligence. Or I'm always tired when I watch it. Or I watch it too spaced out from each ep (the wife has zero interest in it, I don't watch it in front of the tyke, and everyone mumbles and bumbles all dialogue which drives me UP THE F***ING WALL because I have to have the volume up so high!!!!)

BUT

I'm just not into it anymore. After ep 6, I'm really just at the feeling of 'get to the point already' Each ep has gotten slower and slower, and for me, been less of a mind trip each time I watch. Hell, I don't even know any character's name. At all. Except Bennie/Not Bennie. (Yes, I know David Haller. Comics! Grin)

I'm rather like "I get it. There's a fantasy, there's a reality, sometimes he crazy in both, sometimes not crazy in either." Show me something a bit more interesting.

BUT

this is a bit kneejerk immediate reactions as I just finished an ep at 10:10 at night, I'm tired, and well, I haven't been as captivated by this as I was for the first 3 eps.

Hopefully I can finish it in the next 2 days and change my opinion.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 11:07:15 AM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

WOW. I honestly have nothing to say here other than I am utterly and completely shocked.

This show was flat out amazing (for me  Wink) All the hidden gems, all the creep, all the imagery, all the style. One of, if not the best show of the year. Although I think Noah's season 3 of Fargo was also an incredible piece of television and could give it a run for reasons different than those I loved about Legion.

Damn, sorry you are not diggin' it  Cry

I can only guess that this is another peek into our overall differences, Jimmy.  Wink Smiley Cool

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 07:26:04 PM »

Finally finished it.

It just wasn't for me.

It grabbed me less and less as the episodes went on.

I didn't want an X-men explosion super powered fight. That wasn't it. I just wasn't interested in anyone around David at all. It happened with a visual pacing that I know I do not enjoy from other similar type works.

This is not me saying it's a bad show. FAR from it!!! I truly can recognize when something is done very well. But it's not a show that fits in my wheelhouse.

I'll still watch season 2.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 12:35:01 PM »

And I still have my shocked face on.
 Grin

It is great having differences in taste, surely, but man I also don't enjoy when something I find so delectable, so artistically sound, is not loved by all as it is me.

Ya get me?

I do get why you don't bow down to the greatness I find within those episodes  Cheesy Cheesy, but I still feel a tad sad about you not getting the enjoyment that I get.

I know that sounds selfish in a way, in a strange way, but I do mean it to be in the opposite.
 Undecided

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 08:52:05 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, I enjoyed it, Perry  Grin
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 08:56:12 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, I enjoyed it, Perry  Grin

Grin

Yay!!
Thanks man  Cheesy I feel better now.  Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 09:45:43 PM »

One of these days I will watch it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS