HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:23:20 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nightwatch?  (Read 3535 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 17, 2016, 01:01:40 PM »

Wow, a Marvel Character I have never, ever heard of? I know I was out of comics in the mid-90's and this is certainly a character of that time  Grin but to still not know the character existed all these years later?

Nightwatch - Marvel's Spawn (and right after Todd left ?? Cheesy)

EDIT - And I still wouldn't know about this guy if not for the '94 Marvel Masterpiece cards I got, so they are already paying for themselves by showing me great characters like this.
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 01:03:20 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 03:52:49 PM »

Yeah, I remember him starting in Spidey comics. Total Spawn rip-off. Although Spawn is mystical in origin and NW uses the science of "shark skin technology"... or something. His origin involved his future self passing the NW suit off to his present self.

Then he got his own series. One of his villains was "Cardiaxe."

He's like Cardiac, but with an ax, you see.

Nightwatch popped up in more Spidey issues - especially during "Maximum Carnage" him and Morbius hit it off.

During "The Great Game" story line a new villain named El Toro Negro shot NW pointblank in the face, killing him. Then Negro did the same to the first Polestar (another new villain). After the story line Justin Hammer killed Negro for failing him in "The Great Game."

Shortly after I think NW was brought back briefly to go back in time to give his past self the NW suit which grants the powers. Thus, completely the time loop needed for him to exist in the first place.

That all happened in the mid-to-late 90's.

I read somewhere he came back in the She-Hulk series. Apparently he faked his "death"... or, again, something.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 07:40:30 PM »

Yep, like I needed further proof that stepping away from comics in the 90's was the right decision.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS