HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:04:04 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: All New X-Men - Post Secret Wars version  (Read 4888 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 07, 2016, 03:35:52 PM »

My expectations were pretty low going into this based on Perry not loving it but I didn't find it terrible.  Blob was written kind of dumb and fighting over
basically his right to eat dinner
was not genius but for some reason I enjoyed the characters.  I'll probably keep reading this, especially through the Apocalypse crossover.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 04:19:35 PM »

Yeah. It is true. I didn't really not, not like it  Cheesy as much as I just grew bored after a few.  Cheesy It is nothing that made me hate it for sure, yet nothing to push me to grade it highly either. Much like Extraordinary, it just ... is.

Here we have the young X peeps back in this universe, on their own but, much like the first arc being about the Blob eating, the next arc and one after are just ... meh. Not because they are badly paced, written or drawn, I just felt like I wanted more teeth to their stories.

But this isn't a falter of the writer, heck it isn't a falter of any of the X-Books writers as they were all told to basically keep all the X books cool, no power stories and keep them isolated (to which I think Bunn did the best in making the stories mean anything in Uncanny). Even the Apocalypse story that crossed over all the titles, in title only (it is not a crossover as all the stories are separate).

Am am hopeful for the relaunch, however, was looking for a different set of characters involved in the Gen X team, but that is not important here as I really went off the rails
 Grin

Haha

But yeah, I didn't hate it and if time allows I say you should stick around. Heck, I am.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 02:04:11 AM »

I keep reading because it's just okay, and been visually okay to look at. I still hate at my core that the tweenie X-men are still in the current time with a block in time travel that was established as 'because so.'

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 11:50:02 AM »

I still hate at my core that the tweenie X-men are still in the current time with a block in time travel that was established as 'because so.'

AMEN !!! And that Beast, one of the smartest people in the MU, someone that knew the dangers and problems that could be involved, was the one that made it happen? Ugh

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS