HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:35:23 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader - December 7, 2016  (Read 3298 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 07, 2016, 01:41:24 PM »

Okay, puppy is starting to settle more now, requiring a little different level of attention (no longer constant  Cheesy) so I am going to read some damn comics this week. Including those from last week, that I have to, just HAVE TO, get through this week:

Savage #1
Generation Zero #4

Seven to Eternity #2
Seven to Eternity #3
Bloodshot U.S.A #2

And for this weeks new stuff:

Superman #12
Batman #12
Nightwing #10
Aquanman #12
Midnighter & Apollo #3

Flintsones #6

Star Wars: Dr. Alphra #1
Avengers #2
Champions #3
Moon Knight #9
Nova #1
Wolverine #15

Unworthy Thor #2
Clone Conspiracy #3

Ninjak #22
Aliens: Defiance #6
Aliens: Defiance #7
World of Tanks #3

Uber: Invasion #1 (The return of the great "what if nazi's had superpowered people in the WWII" by Kieron Gillian)

and of course, my place holders  Cheesy I shall return to you soon guys!!! -

Infinite Crisis books

Rann/Thanagarr War Special
Adventures of Superman #648
Infinite Crisis #5

Mignola Universe

Hellboy - Heads
Hellboy - Baba Yaga
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 10:53:40 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 03:16:52 PM »

Comixology stuff is all the leftovers from last week.  Loving going through Saga TPB's each week.  It's hard not to keep going as I finish one.

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Strange 5
Daredevil 1
Daredevil 2
Daredevil 3
Daredevil 4
Daredevil 5
Scarlet Witch 1
Scarlet Witch 2
Scarlet Witch 3
Scarlet Witch 4
Scarlet Witch 5
Scarlet Witch 6

Comixology
Unfollow 1
Unfollow 2
Unfollow 3
Unfollow 4
Unfollow 5
Unfollow 6
Unfollow 7
Unfollow 8
Unfollow 9
Unfollow 10
Unfollow 11
Unfollow 12
Unfollow 13
Batgirl & the Birds of Prey: Rebirth 1
Teen Titans: Rebirth 1
Trinity 1
New Superman 1
Detective Comics (1937) 34
Detective Comics (1937) 35
Detective Comics (1937) 36
Detective Comics (1937) 37 - First Appearance of Robin
More Fun Comic (1936) 73 - First Appearance of Aquaman

Trade Paperbacks
Saga TPB Vol 4

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 04:54:02 PM »

Loving going through Saga TPB's each week.  It's hard not to keep going as I finish one.

SOOO good.

I am about 12 or 15 issues behind. Going to plan on a read when I have plenty of time to enjoy.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 11:59:17 AM »

I have no read any comics in the last 2 weeks. Finished the last 150 pages of a book, however. Such slow reading for me!

It's cleaning, it's house stuff, it's now snow removal, it's stuff with the wee little man, it's family and trips and visits and birthdays and the wife starting to sell LulaRoe clothing and all those things and none of those things.

It's life, and it's rough and hectic. It's good! But my reading suffers.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 04:01:59 PM »

I may just have to concede that until the holiday vacation there just won't be much time for reading.  Did make a little progress but not as much as I would have liked.

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Strange 5
Daredevil 1

Daredevil 2
Daredevil 3
Daredevil 4
Daredevil 5
Scarlet Witch 1
Scarlet Witch 2
Scarlet Witch 3
Scarlet Witch 4
Scarlet Witch 5
Scarlet Witch 6

Comixology
Unfollow 1
Unfollow 2
Unfollow 3
Unfollow 4
Unfollow 5
Unfollow 6
Unfollow 7
Unfollow 8
Unfollow 9
Unfollow 10
Unfollow 11
Unfollow 12
Unfollow 13
Batgirl & the Birds of Prey: Rebirth 1
Teen Titans: Rebirth 1
Trinity 1
New Superman 1

Detective Comics (1937) 34
Detective Comics (1937) 35
Detective Comics (1937) 36
Detective Comics (1937) 37 - First Appearance of Robin
More Fun Comic (1936) 73 - First Appearance of Aquaman - 70% Done. There's a LOT of stories in this comic!  It's almost like a TPB!  Really fun to read.

Trade Paperbacks
Saga TPB Vol 4 - 80% DONE - On the last chapter.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 06:33:07 PM »

I hear ya, buddy
This puppy, that my wife wanted, that I am spending the most time with, that I am spending the most effort with, is taking a lot of my time
 Angry

But I love the little shit turd already. He so cute.
 Grin

But no comic time. Too tired by the time I hit the pillow. So moving a lot of these over to next week as well, but I think I will have more to add, to get further behind I fear.
 Embarrassed

How did New Superman hit ya? Again, the first issue is kind of harsh on our "hero" but ... Man I really dug it. If you didn't, that's cool. You are in the majority.
 Cheesy
And what about Trinity? I likes that as well, just as much, but for totally different reasons.
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 10:26:21 PM »

How did New Superman hit ya? Again, the first issue is kind of harsh on our "hero" but ... Man I really dug it. If you didn't, that's cool. You are in the majority.
 Cheesy
And what about Trinity? I likes that as well, just as much, but for totally different reasons.
 Smiley

I enjoyed both.  I don't think I was blown away by New Superman but it was just one issue.  I'll catch up on the others when I can.  It's an interesting premise that I think has potential.  Trinity was just average until the last page and then - bang - I was hooked.  Going to catch up on that one too when I can.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS