HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:25:20 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Justice League vol 8 'Darkseid War Part 2'  (Read 23108 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: December 01, 2016, 03:10:54 AM »

I intend to come back and finish this post! But this is more a reminder here for me than anything. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 09:31:18 PM »

Went back and reread my gushing of vol 1. Really didn't say much beyond how much I loved reading it. Cheesy

As part 2 finishes, all I can think of is the acres and acres of Gotham that atomized by the fight occurring with Grail and Darkseid.

Cool machinations with the Syndicate, everyone had a few great moments, and I love to think about where this will go as it goes forward from here-through Rebirth!!

Kinda forgot that this was the Superman that would die. OH well. He acted like a proper Superman here. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 09:47:31 AM »

I need to reread it to remember what I just heard on a podcast. How a part of this story retconned (is that a word), some history of Wolfman/Perez's Crisis. I can't remember what was said now to even go further into it as I was having a bad day then and just remember it being said, but can't remember the "what" it was they were talking about.
 Undecided

Shit, wait ... maybe it was Infinite Crisis that was the retcon?

Hell, I don't know.

Move along. Nothing to see here.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 02:05:05 AM »

Yeah, from that post...I really can't quite fathom what you're alluding to, man!  Cheesy Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 11:33:28 AM »

Yeah, from that post...I really can't quite fathom what you're alluding to, man!  Cheesy Cheesy

I have no doubt. Such is my life.
 Cheesy

But yeah, I still can't remember what I heard or where I heard it so if you are not seeing it ...
I do know it had to do with this arc retconning .... something. Who knows? Certainly not me.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 01:41:41 PM »

Hey guys - I want to tell you about this thing I heard or maybe I read it or maybe it didn't happen but yeah the sky is blue except today it's cloudy and wow my dog just ran around in a circle.  Ice cream.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 02:43:04 PM »

Grin
Nice. Hahahaha
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Oh, I need to check my calander. I didn't realize it was "Smart Ass Day"
 Grin
 Wink
 Cheesy

I will find out and you will then you will understand.

Hell, no, that won't happen.
 Grin

EDIT - okay, I can't find it. I know I heard about it, but I can't fucking find it. I see stuff about retcon and Darkseid and FInal Crisis, and maybe that is what I heard. I know Geoff Johns retconned something, either Morrison's stuff in Final, or his own stuff in Infinite or Wolfman's stuff in CoIE, but I can't find the specific thing. Nothing is ringing a bell and I can't remember what podcast (of the 50 I have playing at some point or another) I heard the issue I heard... that I can't remember I heard.
 Grin

Just forget it. Move on
 Cheesy

Maybe it is Smart Ass Day, but the day I posted this was Dumb-Ass Day. (I have a lot of those on my calander)
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 03:02:14 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 08:36:49 PM »

Maybe it is Smart Ass Day, but the day I posted this was Dumb-Ass Day. (I have a lot of those on my calander)
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS