HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:05:19 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - November 16th  (Read 2999 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: November 18, 2016, 11:38:01 PM »

Well, I got comics--

--and NEW METALLICA!!! 

Great Friday!!

Aquaman 10 & 11
Blue Beetle 2
Death of Hawkman 2
Deathstroke 6
Flash 10
Green Arrow 10 & 11
Green Valley 2
Hal Jordan & GLC 8
Superman 10 & 11
Action comics 967
Superwoman 4
Wonder Woman 10

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 03:14:15 PM »

Yeah, Jeff slacking on making the thread huh, Jimmy?
 Grin

And not to hijack too much, but Sirius/XM had played the first couple or at least A couple of tracks from the latest and I think I am just getting too old. They did nothing for me. Maybe I should have stayed in the car and got the entirety of the album (if that is what they were doing) but it just sounded like Metallica's St. Anger (of which I hated) and I was not pushed to listen to more.

Is the album, as a whole, good?

Of course thinking about it, after hearing "My Apocalypse"  from their last ... yeah, the last one prior to this ... I didn't listen to any of that album either as I am not a fan of that song at all. So heck, are both albums (yes damn it - ALBUMS  Grin) pretty sharp/good, do I have two albums I should discover or just leave be?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 08:31:26 PM »

Slacking big time since I'm on vacation. Lol. 

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 11:15:16 PM »

Slacking big time since I'm on vacation. Lol. 

And understandably so !!!  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 01:02:06 PM »

Yeah, Jeff slacking on making the thread huh, Jimmy?
 Grin

And not to hijack too much, but Sirius/XM had played the first couple or at least A couple of tracks from the latest and I think I am just getting too old. They did nothing for me. Maybe I should have stayed in the car and got the entirety of the album (if that is what they were doing) but it just sounded like Metallica's St. Anger (of which I hated) and I was not pushed to listen to more.

Is the album, as a whole, good?

Of course thinking about it, after hearing "My Apocalypse"  from their last ... yeah, the last one prior to this ... I didn't listen to any of that album either as I am not a fan of that song at all. So heck, are both albums (yes damn it - ALBUMS  Grin) pretty sharp/good, do I have two albums I should discover or just leave be?

I like it a lot. Are there some clunkers on it? Sure, I mean, not everyone is a huge fan of 'Struggle Within' from the Black album, and that's understandable.

However, if you weren't a fan of  listening to 'My Apocalypse', well, I don't think you'll like the rest of the album. You can youtube 'All Nightmare Long' and 'Broken, Beat and Scarred' and see if you have a higher impression after that, though.

For this album, I say listen to 'Moth to the Flame' and 'Spit out the Bone' to see if you have a better feeling for it. Otherwise, you and Metallica look to be separated and going on different paths.

Me? I'm still a huge fan. My only complaint is the length of the songs, which are really filled with, in parts, of just jamming the same <music> measures again and again and again. I've mentally timed it out to see how many measures I could cut, then splice to the next change up, and it'd BE AWESOME. But, that's not their thing right now. This is not 80's Metallica at all. Alot of times, I do like to just groove to the beat they're pounding, and sometimes, I don't have the temperament to do it. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 05:17:07 PM »

Okay, cool, thanks for the info.  Cool

I will check those recommended ones out, but I am also thinking I have gone "past my due date" with ... not just Metallica, but many bands of that ilk. It (me starting to fade from the "fast/hard stuff" Grin) started with Pantera's last album as a band all those years ago and has been going further and further away from me.
 Undecided

That is not to say I don't enjoy the songs from the early days, just harder to get into the new stuff as it is all starting to sound ... repetitive. Not the way you described, though I totally understand what you mean, but my ear has just started to fade away from "power chords" I guess.
 Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS