HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 08:06:49 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: INFAMOUS IRON-MAN  (Read 9922 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 24, 2016, 01:47:20 PM »

Okay Jimmy, this book ... you have to like. You have to.
DOOM DECREES IT!!!
 Grin

Man this was good. This was Doom!!!! A great first issue that may have, just may have spoiled the ending to Civil War (which, yawn, so what? Grin)

Of all the "All-New" Iron man books, this is the one. This is Iron Man, This is Iron Doom!!!!!

LOVED IT!!

10 outta 10 A.I. Holograms
 Smiley
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 07:41:40 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 08:29:21 AM »

Infamous Issues #'s 3-8
(and a little of Invincible Iron Man 2-7 to boot  Cheesy)

Yep, this Infamous title still does it for me. Yes, this new Doom does have a different voice, but the essence of Doom is still here. There is still a bravado that is Doom. Sure he jokes a little more now and that can can seem like a little too much for some, understandably (it's no secret Bendis likes to write most characters like a subdued Peter Parker ... or in the case of his Maria Hill, JUST LIKE Peter Parker) but here, with this "new" Doom, yeah, I like it. I like Doom using a little bit of dry humor to push a point.

Let's see if I can entice some of you MU readers to cheat and look at the spoilers ... 
Wink

And I really enjoyed
and am intrigued by the appearance of Dooms mother in this title, or what we are being told is Doom's mother  Wink
and by the revelation that it was
The Maker (the evil Reed Richards from the Ultimate Universe) pulling her strings.
Heck, the conversation between
The Maker Reed
and Ben Grimm  (oh ... did I forget to mention that the Thing is also a major character in this title?  Grin). I did really enjoy "that character" trying to ... or succeeding? ... in making his case to Ben.

Did I put enough Spoilers there, guys?  Cheesy Grin
Don't look!!
 Grin
(Damn, Perry, you jerk)
 Grin

Okay ...

I read both this title and Bendis' Invincible back-to-back and this Infamous book is the better of the two, for me. Maybe because I am having a hard time relating to the RiRi character, but I don't think that is it. I do like her, I am just not sure I am interested in reading about the villain that RiRi, or Iron Heart  Roll Eyes is facing. Just don't care about this Techno Golem (or whatever her name is) and that is probably not helping the appeal for me. The
AI Tony Stark (or the actual, true Tony Stark in data form) does help this book stay more true to its namesake however, and Bendis can write a decent Stark as he is ... well ... close to being Peter Parker now anyway.
Cheesy

One great difference between the two titles is the art. They do a good job of making the Doom book, Infamous, have a dark tone, really highlighting the atmosphere of a Doom title  Grin while Invincible has a more crisp and clean style that works well with its ... younger star

Overall two pretty good books. Infamous is the one coming out on top for me, but I can see how Invincible has its fans.

Infamous = 8 outta 10 Spoiler Tags  Grin
Invincible = 7 outta 10 Tech Ninjas

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 01:04:22 PM »

I read the spoilers.   Tongue     HAHAHA!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 12:19:21 PM »

I haven't read the spoilers.

But I'll get there in the reading!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 12:51:35 PM »

I read the spoilers.   Tongue     HAHAHA!

NOOOOOooooo!!!
 Cheesy

I know you can never resist.
(but if you're anything like me, you will forget all of it by the time you get to reading the issues anyway)
 Cheesy
I haven't read the spoilers.

But I'll get there in the reading!!

It's good!!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 01:53:20 PM »

(but if you're anything like me, you will forget all of it by the time you get to reading the issues anyway)
 Cheesy

I'm just like you.  I've already forgotten.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 04:54:44 PM »

forgotten what?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 08:37:42 PM »

Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 11:32:16 PM »

Okay Jimmy, this book ... you have to like. You have to.
DOOM DECREES IT!!!
 Grin

Man this was good. This was Doom!!!! A great first issue that may have, just may have spoiled the ending to Civil War (which, yawn, so what? Grin)

Of all the "All-New" Iron man books, this is the one. This is Iron Man, This is Iron Doom!!!!!

LOVED IT!!

10 outta 10 A.I. Holograms
 Smiley

Just finished issue 1 and I couldn't agree more.  Great first issue and I loved the cliff hanger.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 03:08:32 PM »

Cheesy

I'm just like you.  I've already forgotten.

I'm happy to report I was right. Don't remember a thing and glad for it.   Grin

Issue 5

I really like this series.  That bad part of being caught up on MU is I have to wait for the next issue!

i like this arc with Ben Grimm and Doom's mom.  Ending with Mom and Reed!  I'm guessing it's evil Ultimate Reed and not our Reed but I'm still excited.  This is a great flip of roles and it will be killing me to wait for issue 6!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 02:12:09 AM »

Loved coming back to this thread to see Perry had written on Riri 6months that I essentially just parroted now in the Reading list thread! Smiley

The only thing is? I've quit Invincible IM now. I take no enjoyment from it, so I'm done with it. Don't hate it, just find no enjoyment.

Now, the Infamous title? Still enjoying reading!! Doom's dryer wit and sardonic tone is quite enjoyable.

And Bendis doens't write him as a blithering, spitting nonsense dialogue everywhere like...well, almost every single character he currently writes. Tony AI means Bendis deserves a special room in hell to have all his dialogue read aloud to him.

And, just to say, I had the Hood so damned much. You know why? I feel I am reading Bendis' Mary Sue Character. The Hood is Bendis putting himself in a comic, and I can't stand it. I hate that character. I hate all his dialogue. I hate his 'importance' in the MU (which is nothing, unless Bendis is writing it). HATE HATE HATE

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 01:59:10 PM »

Yeah, RiRi, grew tiring to me fast. Just didn't enjoy the last few issues of Invincible. So if you are down now, just back away. Drop the title. It doesn't get any better.
 Undecided

And with Infamous Iron Man ... I can't wait to see your reaction to the last issue (12?). The chance of you hating it or loving it ... ? I can't decide what number to put with that.  Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 02:21:00 PM »

Issue 7

Another great issue.  I love how Ben Grimm has a compelling part in this series.

I’m with you guys on Riri.  Not horrible but not exciting either.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS