HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 02:17:31 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider  (Read 4116 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 28, 2017, 09:27:59 PM »

Issue #1 -

You will either really enjoy this or find you don't care.

That is not entirely true, you may end up, like me, both enjoying it and not caring. You may have the understanding of what PAD is doing, or trying to do and find you like it, but at the same time feeling like you wasted time reading this title as it doesn't mean anything.

If you enjoy classic, don't think about it too much, silver-age type comics, you should enjoy this. The art is decent enough, some of Bagley's best in awhile actually (mouth slot on the costume aside), and the writing does have that old school feel to it so again, there is something there, but for me, just not enough "Meat" to go with it. It almost reads like a Marvel Adventures Spider-Man I guess is what I mean. And that is fine, unless that is not what you want and then ...

6 outta 10 - apparitions agree
Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 02:15:57 AM »

More or less 100% agree with you. I didn't hate it, but I simply didn't care reading about the character. I think I enjoyed it more when it was shown that Ben has a few screws loose in his head, but even that didn't bring me around for the character.

Best Bendis work in a while, too.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS