HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:15:31 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2  (Read 21893 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2017, 11:54:07 AM »

Grin

Sweet, man. Just like the vid you posted, that I wanted to reply to and now can't find  Angry,

That's in the Inhumans show thread.  Kind of a high jack so sorry about that.

But thanks for the kind words.  Smiley
She really has blessed us more than she could ever know.  Adoption is a great thing and you find that changing someone else's life really changes yours the most.  Kids are awesome.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2017, 12:37:04 PM »

Kids are awesome.

Oh you poor delusional fool  Wink Wink Grin

Just wait until those teenage years  Cheesy Cheesy

(Just kidding of course)
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2017, 01:40:44 PM »

Kids are awesome.

(Just kidding of course)
 Smiley

no.  no, he's not. Roll Eyes Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2017, 02:06:28 PM »

We just re-watched this as a family and our consensus is... your friends are crazy.

We STILL love this movie.   Grin

When the scene with...
Yondu, Rocket, and Groot are heading to the center of the ship after breaking out of the brig happens...and the music starts...my daughter looked at me with puppy dog eyes and said "This is my favorite part. And it's in slow motion." Then she squealed with glee. 

Oh yeah.  Bonded.  Best. Movie. Ever.   Grin

Well,...they're friends of a friend.  Tongue Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2017, 02:51:33 PM »

Kids are awesome.

(Just kidding of course)
 Smiley

no.  no, he's not. Roll Eyes Grin

Grin
Let's just wait and see how he is in about 4 to 5 years.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2018, 01:14:34 AM »

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

FUUUUUUUUUUCK

HERE

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2018, 03:30:56 AM »

This whole world has gone crazy.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2018, 09:39:57 AM »

I am NOT, in anyway, shape or form, saying I don't understand the problem with what he did and I do understand that Disney had no choice with what they did, but this happened 10 years ago? How many different felonies (depending on state of course) could he have gotten away with due to statute of limitations laws in that same time? Oh, but a few (a lot) of really stupid tweets (really, really stupid) can potentially ruin any chance of him working again? 10 years ago? Words? To HIS followers? The second amendment can protect hate mongers talking in a public forum about how they desire to kill Jews, hang black peeps, we have a "president" that can joke handicapped people, say to the world that Mexicans (not some, not a few) are rapists and who actually brags about physically grabbing women by the crotch, but a guy makes some jokes ... the same jokes we have heard some comedians discuss (once more, and I can't stress this enough, they were bad, bad jokes) and BAM, he loses his job?

I am probably more mad at him and what we have lost with Guardians 3 and other potential great movies, but damn it, it just isn't sitting well.

EDIT - Again, I want to say I do get why they had to let him go. You just can't have that, I agree, but it still just fascinates me what we do put up with sometimes while other times we can't open our mouths without offending. 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 09:48:33 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2018, 03:18:45 PM »

It’s ridiculous.  People can grow up and change over 10 years.  If he was still acting that way it would be different but I didn’t see that to be the case.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2018, 07:20:48 PM »

one; never ever say words on the internet. Wink

Two; this kneejerk reaction by Disney is such ****ing cowardice, I can't believe.

Three: pedo jokes will ruin every career. Rape? Probably too! But, you should watch any Comedy Central Friars' roast and count the number of rape jokes.

Four; I got nothing really beyond what the **** is going on in the world?

<breaking forum rules>

I just, in the last view days, began to view everything through a different angle of our social prism.

There is no 'win' for either 'side.' No one is 100% right, or wrong. But our failure now is that there can be no crossover, ie, no discussion. You are with us, or you are wrong, dumb, and should be sentenced to somewhere.

It feels like honest insanity. It's all a power play. What is gained by the Democrat/Republican/Liberal/Conservative side 'wining?' If all you do is force a subjagation of the other voice into the dirt, what is accomplished? Nothing...nothing good at all...

..and that is where we go....  Undecided
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 03:51:57 AM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2018, 03:37:24 PM »

Agreed Jimmy.  I can’t even play devils advocate for fun without getting shouted down.  And that’s in my own house! 😁

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS