HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:37:23 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - October 12, 2016  (Read 6619 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 11, 2016, 06:16:27 PM »

Added to MU this week.

Marvel Unlimited
Darth Vader 19
Moon Knight 1
Hercules 6
All New All Different Avengers 8
Illuminati 6
Mockingbird 2
All New X-Men 8
Agents of SHIELD 4 (Standoff Tie-In)
A-Force 4

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 10:47:27 PM »

OH BOY !!
More judging. Where I climb up on my high-horse and tell you what I thought about what you are getting ready to read ... someday
 Cheesy

Added to MU this week.
Marvel Unlimited
Darth Vader 19

Just a great series. Shouldn't have even copy and paste this. You know this is good  Cheesy

Moon Knight 1

Grin Oh yeah. You may want to wait to read this until you get ... about 2 more issues. You are gonna want to read them back to back.
 Smiley

Hercules 6

Series ends here, I think, but story continues in Civil War: God War (or something like that) So if you like this run, which I think you have a 33/33/33% chance of liking/not liking/not really caring one way or the other (and even a small 1% chance you will love it), you will want to continue the story there.

All New All Different Avengers 8

Almost to the exciting stuff  Cheesy

Illuminati 6

I really don't remember this book ??

Mockingbird 2

An okay series. If you have time it's worth a read for the first few issues. I left at three, so don't know after that.

All New X-Men 8

Not the best and not the worst X book, but I'm just not a fan of Apocalypse and I think this is in that arc, soooo ...

Agents of SHIELD 4 (Standoff Tie-In)

Nope. You know who writes this, so you know I aint'a reading it.  Grin

A-Force 4

Another title that started so promising and just started to feel ... not bored, but like it didn't really matter so why bother. Not bad, just ... exists I guess.

There ya go. You're welcome.
 Wink
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 11:04:34 PM »

I have this odd feeling that once I start Standoff I'll wind up dropping all the tie-ins and just read the titles I normally get.  I have no basis for this feeling but it is there.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 11:24:45 PM »

Standoff is a short crossover, though shorter for me as I didn't read or know about the Illuminati one  Cheesy but I think it is only two issues with a few "tie-in" issues, but I only read the following and I felt like I got a complete story (and there is stuff that comes out of it that is important so at least read the Alpha and Omega)

The Avengers Stand-Off: Welcome to Pleasant Hill (Prelude)
The Avengers Stand-Off: Assault on Pleasant Hill Alpha
All-New Avengers #7
All-New Avengers #8
Captain America (Sam Wilson) #7
Captain America (Sam Wilson) #8
The Avengers Stand-Off: Assault on Pleasant Hill Omega

That is all I read and I may have missed something, but honestly, I felt like I got a good story. Heck, Im trying to remember if the Avengers ones were even pertinent to the event or if it was Sam? Maybe it was both, maybe it was neither? I think you can skip them both if you are not reading them already. Or skip Sam if you're not reading that, as I know you're reading Waid's Avengers.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 12:30:09 AM »

I got this week:

Death of Hawkman 1
Flash 8
Deathstroke 4
Aquaman 8
Green Arrow 8
Superman 8
Superwoman 3
Hal Jordan & GLC 6
Action 965
Wonder Woman 8

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 07:44:53 PM »

I got this week:

Death of Hawkman 1

Hope this hits better for you. Too much like ... well ... not trying to give it away, but too much like ... things I read before in another "similar" title.

Think I am just gonna wait until the next Hawkman title and try again.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 02:43:38 AM »

It's Hawkman, I gotta get it. It's my weakness.

But this was all Adam Strange, and I've never given a flying fig about Outer Space rocket backpack with lazer gun Man.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 10:29:48 AM »

It's Hawkman, I gotta get it. It's my weakness.

Grin

But this was all Adam Strange, and I've never given a flying fig about Outer Space rocket backpack with lazer gun Man.

Exactly. And it just has that Rann vs Thanagar feel to it, yeah? I am just hoping this means a new St. Roch, Carter Hall Hawkman is around the corner
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 12:42:33 AM »

Exactly. And it just has that Rann vs Thanagar feel to it, yeah? I am just hoping this means a new St. Roch, Carter Hall Hawkman is around the corner
 Smiley

That's about all I hope for. Or yet another 'clean up' (  Undecided Roll Eyes ) of Hawkman's mythos. Ignore the living nth metal wings and transformation he got under Liefeld. Go back to the mostly cleaned up Hawkman from Geoff Johns/Palmiotti & Gray's run, and be done with it!! I loved that stuff!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS