HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:02:51 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jimmy, Green Valley?  (Read 6169 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 10, 2016, 05:36:31 PM »

Hey buddy, I think it is you ... I think ... Are you a Max Landis fan? Maybe? IF so, are you going to try his new fantasy series Green Valley?

I just read the first issue (just came out this past Wednesday) and it is written well (I like the dialog, though you may find it a little much like Bendis or perhaps better than Bendis or a way Bendis should write at least ... maybe  Cheesy). Just wondering if you were gonna hit this up as I think you are a fan of Landis. Though, if I am wrong .... oops. Moving on.
 Cheesy

I know one thing I didn't like about the book and its the one thing that I think did a real disservice to the issue, if not the title was the cover seen HERE. Just does it little justice.

If anyone wants to check out the first three pages, and I am sure you will see the Bendis/humor/movie dialog style, you can go HERE and check 'em out.

I enjoyed the book and Landis says we will never see what is coming with this 9 issue mini-series, but I guess we'll see.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 01:16:59 PM »

Jimmy?? ?? ?? ?? ??

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 03:11:53 AM »

If I can remember, or if I see it around, I could definitely see this as a 'why not?' and give it a try. Heck, comixology ought to have it on good price at some point, right?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 01:38:47 PM »

One would assume, but I would try Image Wink I always suggest them when it is one of their books as you can share the book with friends after you buy it to get more people interested if it is something you like (or at least you use to be able to). Something you can't do, easily, with Comixology

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 03:37:23 AM »

Perry, good job man. You got me. I'm all over this. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 11:55:34 PM »

Smiley
Cool.

I thought you were a Landis fan and I know you are a fantasy fan, so I was pretty sure you would dig this. But that dialog kinda scared me. Glad it hit for you.
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 02:59:20 AM »

It's chatty conversation, but it's not the inane bullsh!t blather that Bendis writes as 'dialogue.'

This conversation here is how my friends and I play DnD. No, this works as a great set up for me. Although, I wonder if I just buy the first 6 issues, then switch over to digital for the rest.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 01:29:16 PM »

I see this has issues at the $1.99 price point on ComiXology.  Now is the time I test you r powers of persuasion.

Why should I buy this book?   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 02:28:50 PM »

I see this has issues at the $1.99 price point on ComiXology.  Now is the time I test you r powers of persuasion.

Why should I buy this book?   Grin

Well I'm not one to promote a book like this, but I will do my best

1) It is only 9 issues. You know the story will end and not drag on
2) If you like Camuncoli (Amazing Spider-Man), and I am not his biggest fan, you should like the look of this
3) If you like twists
4) If you like ... "dragons"
 Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS