HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:59:00 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Justice League 3000 & 3001  (Read 5143 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 22, 2016, 11:48:35 AM »

Finally got around to reading Justice League 3000 and went through issues 1-15 fairly quickly.  Much better than I originally remembered and very reminiscent of the old Justice League International days.

But here I am now confused.  Issue 15 ended with a cliff hanger as the Injustice League has attacked.  But when I glance at Justice League 3001, it seems to start somewhere else with no continuation of the story.

Am I missing something?

Edit: Corrected spelling mistake.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 07:01:27 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 02:21:03 PM »

I think Jimmy was reading that. Hope he can answer for ya  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 05:55:22 PM »

Aaaah!  I started 3001 and it jumps a year into the future and the effects of the cliff hanger are still unknown the League.  So it picks up.  Whew!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 06:46:46 PM »

Bummer of an ending.  I was really enjoying this title too.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 08:32:34 PM »

Wow, thanks for the warning. I was going to ask Dave about this run after I got through with Infinity, because I know you were reading. Should I try the first run at least or no?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 12:08:55 PM »

The endings a bummer just because the title is over. Not that the end is bad....but it just sucks that there is no more to read.

Although, I can see some kind of Geoff Johns up and comer writer in some next wave all of sudden do a time travel story and pull some of these characters back because he liked reading them as a kid.

I say read'em! It's enjoyable, early on Howard Porter artwork was really cool to see this new designed universe, and reading a fun book is always cool in my eyes.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 12:56:56 PM »

Definitely read both.  The ending was a bummer because they clearly knew they were cancelled and had to rush things. I give them props for trying to wrap it up so fans aren't left hanging too much.  But yeah, if you liked Geffen and JM's old Justice League International stuff you should read this.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 01:41:33 PM »

Sweet.

I shall place it somewhere in my ever growing back log of past runs.  Cheesy Cheesy Along side:

Infinite Crisis (Currently trying to get through all tie-in issues)
Night Force 7-12 (Currently trying to get through)
Omega Men 1-12 (Nu52) to finally finish this King 12 issue series.
52 1-52  Grin (What I am reading Infinite Crisis for)
Fantastic Four 1-32 (Vol 3 - Heroes Reborn)
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep 1-24
The Immortal Dr. Fat 1-3
(Plus whatever else I am missing)
  Undecided

Not even including trying to catch up on all the great Image titles I am behind on like:
Black Science
East of West
Invincible
Saga
and
The Wicked and the Divine

Plus New Television season?

Crap.

Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS