HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:49:49 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mighty Thor  (Read 4440 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: July 24, 2016, 06:14:06 PM »

I'm just sick of each edition getting a name change. If I was starting over trying to figure out which trade set I wanted to buy, I'd be confused as all hell!! Grin

That said, I love Aaron's Thor run. The only hiccup I thought was a little bit of the Asgardian Justice League arc that coincided with the second movie and Malekith. But in retrospect, everything has been building and set up for this current rendition, and boy, what an iteration Thor has become!

Loving Aaron, and loving, just loving Dautermann's art. What a uniqueness, and styling of art. It's all just linework; barely the crosshatch to be found, but what each line says? Beauty. Simple line work lends to a simple vision that is anything but simple in its strength of depicted character in this new Thor.

I know that's issues 2 & 3 that I'm talking about, but this is still just issue 41 and 42 of Aaron's run on Thor. Great stuff!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 07:38:51 PM »

Yeah, I am diggin' that art.

Oh, and story

Will be happy when Marvel calms down in their effort to appease everyone and put my heroes back where they belong though.

I get the why they are doing what they are doing. Us over 40 years olds are NOT the future of comics. They have to start getting some young, diverse eyes into comics ... I get it, I do, doesn't mean I have to be thrilled with the process. Still, there are some good stuff from this "MAY" (Marvel Appealing to Youth) ride the company is on (female Thor, Black Spider-Man, Asian Hulk ...yes I tried it and liked it  Cheesy) but there is also some very ... not so good ones too (Hellcat, Squirrel-Girl, Silk, Moon-Girl), but those aren't geared for me. They are good for what they are, but they're not good for me. Sadly, I just feel, as the over 40, white guy that Marvel isn't trying to grab, those titles are also costing some very good titles (Nighthawk for one) to be canceled as the money can't be spread to everyone.

Sorry, this just went into another rant about Marvel publishing over 100 damn titles a month. Sorry.
 Angry

I know one day, when this is all said and done, Marvel will eventually put Banner back in the Green Goliath, Mjolnir back in Thor's hand and Peter back in New York. Until then ... I have those stories.
 Wink
Been getting kinda ready to start putting my money towards those old stories too. Maybe Marvel wants that.
 Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 08:45:58 PM »

Issues 1-5

My God, Jason Aaron can write the heck out of a Thor story.  This War of the Realms is freaking awesome.  I did not see that twist coming. And it only set up things for the next arc.

Damn if he isn't making me love two Thors.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 03:04:19 AM »

So damned good! I got the prior volume 5 trades pulled out an inch on the book shelf waiting to get read, but I kinda want 'Goddess of Thunder' up there too before I start my reread!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS