HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:59:41 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - September 28, 2016  (Read 4027 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 26, 2016, 07:52:27 PM »

This week's Comic Book day lands on my birthday!  Gotta love it when that happens!

Adding to my Marvel library this week:

Marvel Unlimited
All New X-Men 7
All New, All Different Marvel Universe
Daredevil 5
Darth Vader 18
Hercules 5
New Avengers 8
Obi-Wan and Anakin 3
Patsy Walker, AKA Hellcat 4
Star Wars 17
The Infinity Entity 3
Ultimates 5
Uncanny X-Men 5

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 09:05:08 PM »

I'm a fan of everything in you list there except for :
Obi-Wan and Anakin - as it just didn't hit for me
Patsy Walker - as I couldn't get past the art and direction of the title
The ANAD Universe thing - as I just didn't read it
and
The Infinity Entity - as I am waiting to read this when I have my super-dooper Starlin read through. Grin

Now that I have judge your titles ...
 Cheesy

I hope you dig them all !!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 11:43:23 PM »

Yeah I really need to stay off of comiXology for awhile and get caught up to "real time" on MU.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 12:44:30 AM »

I AM BUYING COMICS THIS WEEK.

UNIVERSE-YOU AIN'T GOT NOTHIN' THAT WILL STAND IN MY WAY.

C U 2MORO LCS!!!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 12:42:39 AM »

Maybe some unforeseen error in Jimmy's computations?
 Grin Cheesy

(And I got that "Computations" in my head from your Cage post, Jeff. Haha Can't get "Does not compute" out of my head)
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 01:41:25 AM »

I got:

Action Comics 962-964
Superman 5-7
Green Arrow 5-7
Flash 5-7
Deathstroke 5-7
Wonder Woman 5-7
Aquaman 5-7
Hal Jordan and the GLC 3-5
Titans 2-3
Blue Beetle Rebirth and #1
Superwoman 2
...and I think that's it for now!!!

Just gonna rely on you guys to tell me which Batman trades to get-'Batman' or Detective. Detective is what it kind of sounds like, to be honest.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 06:42:51 AM »

Oh boy, finally I get to sit on my ivory throne and judge Jimmy's books now. Finally  Cheesy Grin

I got:

Action Comics 962-964

This has turned into my favorite Supes books and, as surprising as it sounds, may have even jumped into my top 5 DC books now. Yes, a Superman book in my top ... top "anything"
 Grin

Superman 5-7

You know how I feel about the Eradicator (is that his name?) so ... but last issue's standalone issue was hopefully a turning point (And give a peek to Trinity next time you are at your shop. It may surprise you)

Flash 5-7

I think I am done with this for a few. I know you were feeling a little less than wowed, so I hope this takes an upturn for you at least.

Deathstroke 5-7

I think these numbers are wrong  Wink But if it is 1-3, then you are going to have a ball.  Cool

Wonder Woman 5-7

Man, I want to talk to you about this when you get done. I ... Like the Cheetah story, but ... yeah ... we'll talk  Smiley

Aquaman 5-7

Issue 6 (I think it was, Co-Starring Superman?) turned this title back around for me. I think this may be the only Abnett book I am enjoying, and it is an up and down enjoyment scale, but currently up
 Grin

Hal Jordan and the GLC 3-5

Yep. Classic Hal stuff! (well, modern classic  Cheesy)

Titans 2-3

Moving on. Haha
Okay, the story is, okay, but that panel art is just bugging me. Want to see how you feel about it.

Blue Beetle Rebirth and #1

Man, I truly, truly hope you enjoy this more than I.

Superwoman 2

Not as strong as #1, but has me panting for #3
 Grin

Just gonna rely on you guys to tell me which Batman trades to get-'Batman' or Detective. Detective is what it kind of sounds like, to be honest.

First and most important, avoid the "(something something) of the Monster Men" trade when it hits. It is a Batbook event crossing over into all the titles, that may, MAY be a trade itself (most likely). Just walk past.

And I think there is enough stuff that I am overlooking in the Batman title, just as a Batman fan, that may cause you some issues with said book. Issue ... crap ... #6 ... I think ...  with Reis art was great stuff, but leading up to that, although it is important to the Bat mythos, maybe, I ... man, it is worth a read but can be a little aggravating if you let it, I think is the best way to describe it.

Detective, yes. Just yes. Especially the trade that has #940 (very important down the line)
 Smiley

Oh and as a semi-spoiler, but more of me asking for help, PLEASE IGNORE UNTIL YOU READ ALL OF SEPTEMBERS TITLES (or at least the ones you are going to read) ... okay, I hope this isn't a big spoiler or even a small one to some ... but
somewhere in this months issues, there is a scene in one panel where someone talks about a watch and when they show the watch, it has a little blood on it just like the Watchmen or Comedian's watch
. Can someone tell me where that happened in? I have forgot and now can't find it. I know I saw it, but need confirmation it wasn't a dream
 Grin Cheesy
 Angry Angry

Thanks!!

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 11:19:38 AM »

Hey, Perry!

The comic is Titans #3. Abra Kadrabra gets blood on his great, great, etc, grandfather's watch.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 01:17:52 PM »

Hey, Perry!

The comic is Titans #3. Abra Kadrabra gets blood on his great, great, etc, grandfather's watch.

AH-HA. Thanks, Rodney !!!! That was really bugging me. I knew I saw it and then noticed I didn't write about and got mad at myself.
 Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS