HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:08:25 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Black Hammer  (Read 36972 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2018, 09:16:25 PM »

Black Hammer Age of Doom - Issues 1-3

Oh maaaaaaaaan!!!  We're getting close to the answers!!!!

Great issues and great continuation of Black Hammer.

I can't wait for issue 4!!!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2018, 09:32:09 AM »

Black Hammer: Age of Doom #4

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2018, 12:47:02 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Oh man.  I’m gonna have to go get it at full price aren’t I?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2018, 04:07:41 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Oh man.  I’m gonna have to go get it at full price aren’t I?

Man, I want to say yes, because I damn sure didn't expect ... that ... but it is nothing you HAVE to read now. Wait the month and save the buck
 Wink
But then get back here so I can talk about it
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2018, 07:29:44 PM »

Heh.

Heh heh.

So. Heh.

I bought a bunch of stuff on Comixology MONTHs ago.

Turns out vol 2, 'The Event' is in that bunch.

Haven't read it yet.  Shocked

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2018, 09:04:29 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Oh man.  I’m gonna have to go get it at full price aren’t I?

Man, I want to say yes, because I damn sure didn't expect ... that ... but it is nothing you HAVE to read now. Wait the month and save the buck
 Wink
But then get back here so I can talk about it
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yeah I have no will power.  I bought it.

WTF???!!!???!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I’m speachless.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2018, 06:33:08 PM »

I'm just left jaw dropped.

Jimmy, I posted some questions to Jeff, but I erased them. I want you to get caught up and not spoiled by anything.
Hurry
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2019, 04:50:06 PM »

Black Hammer comics on sale on Comixiolgy for 99 cents / Collected editions for $4.99.  Great chance to catch up if your behind on this great series!!

https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=28278&lang=1

Sale ends Monday, 01/14/2019

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2019, 06:30:57 PM »

Buy it all People!!!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2019, 03:34:21 PM »

How about THIS bit O'News???

Will that finally be the thing that gets Jimmy into Black Hammer?
 Wink

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2019, 03:51:19 PM »

How about THIS bit O'News???

Will that finally be the thing that gets Jimmy into Black Hammer?
 Wink

While I will read it, I'm actually not that thrilled about it.  I get that it will boost readership which is a good thing but I like to keep my worlds like this separate.   Undecided

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2019, 03:57:44 PM »

I get that it will boost readership which is a good thing ...

Yep, yep and yep.

And I always look at these as alternate dimensional stories anyway. No different than Star Trek meets Green Lantern or some such craziness
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2019, 07:02:43 PM »

I get that it will boost readership which is a good thing ...

Yep, yep and yep.

And I always look at these as alternate dimensional stories anyway. No different than Star Trek meets Green Lantern or some such craziness
 Grin

If that's the case then I will be fine.  This quote from the article made me nervous:

He added this won’t be a “throwaway ‘imaginary story’ either. It will have an emotional impact on both sets of characters, and there is one other aspect that will have a more lasting effect, but I can’t spoil that here.”

Honestly, he's done a good job so far so there's really no reason to be worried.  Just my paranoia I suppose.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2019, 09:57:09 AM »

If that's the case then I will be fine.  This quote from the article made me nervous:

He added this won’t be a “throwaway ‘imaginary story’ either. It will have an emotional impact on both sets of characters, and there is one other aspect that will have a more lasting effect, but I can’t spoil that here.”

Yeah, that does sound some what ominous I suppose. But as long as the "change" (if that is what it will be to one of the characters) is one that makes sense and has lasting effects, then maybe that is okay as well. Perhaps it was a thing he wanted to do to a character anyway and having the League or a character IN the League, do something that makes that change occur, I think that would be pretty cool.

Of course I don't see this lasting change happen with the DC characters, he has no control over that and the big two are all about change that changes back  Grin, but with his own characters? Hopefully it will stick and it will make it more fun or at least interesting for us down the line.

Maybe Dragonfly meets Manhunter and he sees something in her head that makes us all a little worried?  Grin

But hey, I agree with what you said about the job he's done so far, so let us hope
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2019, 02:20:05 AM »

Black Hammer on sale on ComiXology for 99 cents per issue.  Includes pre-ordering issue 11!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS