HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:46:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SUICIDE SQUAD - REBIRTH  (Read 2853 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 16, 2016, 02:02:03 AM »

Rebirth Issue

Eh. Maybe I'm just old and jaded but this didn't grab me.  It probably has potential but I'm not sticking around to find out.

One question though...

Wallers fat again? With no explanation.  I liked plus size Waller better but the change is extreme.  They should have done it gradually so it's not so jarring.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 02:01:19 PM »

One question though...

Wallers fat again? With no explanation.  I liked plus size Waller better but the change is extreme.  They should have done it gradually so it's not so jarring.

Ha, yeah, kinda brought that back to the front fast, didn't they? Considering this isn't a "reboot" but just a soft reset, you would think they would have handled that a little differently  Cheesy Still, I am more than fine with her plumpness returning (I am sure you are too. I know it was just how they did it so fast that got to you  Cool) and I never understood the reasoning for the switch anyway. Especially in this new all things are fine world we live in, having a plus size character should be a normal thing. Although maybe DC thought her size and the fact she is who she is made it look like they were picking on her? Or maybe they thought that a "sexy" Waller was a better option? I don't know, just glad ole' big butt is back and causing trouble.
 Grin

Now as for the first issue ... You didn't miss much. First of all the book is not a complete Suicide Squad story as a bout a quarter of it was a solo adventure with Deadshot. They are doing this, I imagine, to keep that slow ass Jim Lee on pace. Having to draw only 16 pages (or whatever it was) is a lot better than having to draw the entire book.

Secondly the story didn't really ... it was okay. I think I need another issue to make sure, but ... ya know ... it was fine. They get the group, they go on the mission and before they get there, problems happen. It was okay. Nothing grand, nothing horrible. Just an average, everyday comic, with a point bonus for getting Lee to pencil again.
 Grin

6 outta 10 ways to talk about having the runs
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS