HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:16:59 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - September 21, 2016  (Read 3164 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 19, 2016, 06:34:07 PM »

Added to my MU library today....

Marvel Unlimited
All New, All Different Avengers 7
Angela: Queen of Hel 6
Astonishing Ant-Man 6
Hawkeye 5
Howling Commandos of SHIELD 6
Hyperion 1
Illuminati 5
International Iron Man 1
Kanan 12
Scarlet Witch 4
Spider-Woman 5
Squadron Supreme 5
Star-Lord 5
The Infinity Entity 2
Uncanny Inhumans 6

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 07:50:04 PM »

Only picking up one new comic from Comixology this week.  Planning on reading through a lot of the comics I've purchased but not yet read.

Comixology
Descender 14

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 08:43:31 PM »

Comixology is having a sale today on X-O Manowar comics and TPBs.  Sooooo, since I have all these in my Wish List in order to buy them when I get to them (which is soon since I just finished Vol 10 and have Vol 11 already purchased), I decided to save some money and go ahead and get these for 99 cents each!  Woo Hoo!

Comixology
X-O Manowar 47
X-O Manowar 48
X-O Manowar 2016 Annual 1
X-O Manowar: Commander Trill 0
X-O Manowar 25th Anniversary Special 1
4001 AD: X-O Manowar 1

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 09:01:41 PM »

Also picked up this for 99 cents just for.....fun!

Comixology
More Fun Comics #73

1st appearance of Aquaman
Cover by Howard Sherman.
"Mr. Who," script by Gardner F. Fox, art by Howard Sherman
Dr. Fate faces the threat of a new criminal called Dr. Who, who has created "Solution Z," with which he can grow to a tremendous size and become invisible; Fate must stop him from seizing the famed Almond Diamond.
"Case of the Namesake Murders," script by Mort Weisinger, art by George Papp
Green Arrow and Speedy must track down the vicious killer of men belonging to the History Club and who carry the names of famous people.
"Murder Takes the Spotlight," starring Radio Squad, art by Chad Grothkopf.
"The Black Knight'" starring Johnny Quick, script by Mort Weisinger, pencils by Ed Moore, inks by Chad Grothkopf.
"The Vanishing Menaces," script by Jerry Siegel, art by Bernard Bail
The Spectre comes to the aid of a scientist who has been captured by his own assistant, who wants to obtain Kirk's invention of a space-folding machine, which can transport anything from one spot on the earth to another in an instant.
"The Submarine Strikes," starring Aquaman, script by Mort Weisinger, art by Paul Norris
An unnamed scientist and explorer uses the science of ancient Atlantis to give his son the power to breathe underwater, and he uses this and other gifts to battle evil in the world.
68 pgs.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 05:38:58 PM »

Comixology is having a sale today on X-O Manowar comics and TPBs.  Sooooo, since I have all these in my Wish List in order to buy them when I get to them (which is soon since I just finished Vol 10 and have Vol 11 already purchased), I decided to save some money and go ahead and get these for 99 cents each!  Woo Hoo!

Comixology
X-O Manowar 47
X-O Manowar 48
X-O Manowar 2016 Annual 1
X-O Manowar: Commander Trill 0
X-O Manowar 25th Anniversary Special 1
4001 AD: X-O Manowar 1

Seems like ages since I read that Commander Trill book.  Grin I need to get back to X-O, I think I stalled at issue 47 and with it ending soon ... next week I think ... I need to get going

Of course that 4001AD book ... you will kinda want the 4000AD mini ... maybe? Not sure as I haven't read either yet.
I am failing my Valiant brothers.
 Sad Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 06:16:54 PM »

Oh yeah I'm going to get the hole 4000AD mini hen I get caught up to that point.  Just figured since I know I'm going to buy the X-O issue eventually I might as well go ahead and get it for 99 cents.   Wink

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 11:01:12 AM »

... I might as well go ahead and get it for 99 cents.   Wink

Absolutely  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS