HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:12:45 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Legends of Tomorrow - Season 2  (Read 6994 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 08, 2016, 05:20:42 PM »

Hmmm.  I guess I should finish season 1.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 07:32:48 PM »

I've seen the one ep, and I'm behind 2-3 eps now!! ARGH! But at least there's hulu!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 09:34:38 PM »

I'm still only halfway through Season 1.   Embarrassed

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 02:03:01 AM »

Episode 2 'Justice Society of America'

What an awesome beginning! What a great way to use heroes all over the place, and make the time travel aspect a great function and use of the show.

This show is night and day since last season. I always enjoyed characters more than the plot last season, but so far in this season it all seems....easier. Done well. Like season 1 was puberty, and now that the awkward phase is over, the feet aren't too big, it's not clumsy anymore, there's more self confidence and assuredness that they are are doing right. I like!!

Very cool to see more JSAers in these shows. They all had a very brief moment, and I love me Rex (or Rick) Tyler as the Hourman!! Vixen was a written bitch, and that sucked. Forced writing on how bad Stein was as a leader, but hey, they aren't all Shakespeare !!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 02:52:25 AM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 09:50:05 PM »

*skipping ep 3*

Ep 4 'Abominations'

Damned stupid. They aren't time traveler protectors, they are just winging it all out there, experiencing the moment instead of understanding what is occurring. Such is the difficulty of living in a different era. Tough shit. This series is not heavy enough or serious enough to be able to confront things like slavery and American revolution.

Also, it's going to be quickly evident how cheap the series will have to be, because they don't have the budget to time travel to all eras and be able to show it well on tv. Oh well.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 11:15:37 PM »

Have you watched Timeless?  It's a pretty good time travel show that I've been watching.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 06:28:28 PM »

The "Crossover" thing (sorry I don't know episode names)

Man, within seconds I could tell this was written by Guggenhiem.

Olie told ... in my ear ... though not as bad as this ....
Ollie told Supergirl to piss off and stay away from him because all the aliens are causing problems and she is an alien too?
WTF Huh

I know Ollie is an ass at times, but this was just stupid as hell.

And love how
they didn't think twink twice about changing the past by taking an alien after spending 4 episodes brooding over the same shit over in Flash

GUGGENHEIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 01:11:45 AM »

I have enjoyed watching Legends of Tomorrow in the background. It deosn't need to be paid too much attention to, and I tdon't need to give it all that much thought, and every once in a while, somethign really damned cool will happen anyways!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 12:14:21 PM »

Smiley
Hey man, enjoy the hell out of I say!!! I'm not knocking anyone that enjoys the show or aspects of the show, no matter how they do it

Only reason I stayed on Shield was for the same reason. Just wanted to see some cool "Marvel" stuff when they showed it Grin
Although Shield, with the last two or even three "arcs" (Ghost Rider, LMD, Hydra) has been absolutely KILLING IT!!!

Maybe LoT will get there for you as well.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 06:34:20 PM »

So, my synopsis of the show, replete with SPOILERS as well.

I don't know why I regretted or soured on watching the show.

The last 5? I had a blast watching them. I truly enjoyed watching it! Sure, it was really corny as all hell at times, but the threats seemed real to these people. The last 3 eps were particularly good with many of the silly elements jettisoned as the story and plot  ran strong to the end.

Of course, there was the silly elements that bugged me. Ray turned into waaaay too much of a cornball. Why? Because Nate was essentially the same character-super smart with a nerdy love about him too.  However, his increased presence during the show overshadowed other characters as his stole the spotlight. I believe Ray suffered due to him-and it felt ...sorry?- that he became so bitter and dour about the future and loss and everything. Once his character was so in the forefront, the actor seemed to just barrel his presence through all others.

Mick was fantastic. I loved his growl more and more, and his conflict really was palpable and real.

Somehow Rip became a character worth watching after his rescue from himself and loss of memory.

I feel that Sara has stayed just long enough on the show. I really like the character, but I like her as tortured soul fighting in the streets, but I think time traveling space captain just lose it a bit for me. But, she's still an ass kicker. Her saying yet another good bye to Laurel.

I get a bit miffed we don't see Firestorm as much, but ya know, the cost of CGI. Not sure why Nate just couldn't low crawl through WWI to get the blood himself, being bulletproof and all, but whatevs.

No, I truly did enjoy just watching the show, and watching the characters, and just watching what was happening. Really glad to be a fan of the show!!

But everyone can be a bit selfish about their own time travel benefits (no, I don't want Amiya to return to her time! No, I won't let a person die because it affects me best!!)

The goodbye with Captain Steele was one helluva episode.

Fun stuff.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS