HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:08:23 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader - August 17, 2016  (Read 5365 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 16, 2016, 08:41:29 PM »

I think my time is done for comics this week, so my list goes unfulfilled, but I am hopeful to get through some more this week. Although some will have to continue to wait (sorry Booster) as, thanks to good ole' Jedicow sending some things to keep my mind on entertainment instead of constantly on the daughters battle (she is doing great so far, by the way  Smiley), I will have a great title from the past to keep me busy this week. I don't plan on reading them all now, as I want to make sure I have some hospital reading material for when I go back for a week on the 26th (where my daughter will be receiving more chemo for her 24th birthday  Sad).

But, here is what I hope to get through this week. I am optimistic about only getting through half of this total.  Cheesy

Aliens Defiance #3
Black Hammer #2
Briggs Land #1
Klaus #7
Spawn Kills Everyone
- Flipped through more than read. Todd's attempt to jump on the Skottie Young Bandwagon  Roll Eyes
I hate Fairyland #8
Star Trek #60 (last issue before relaunch)

Superman #5
Batman #3
Batman #4
Batman #5

Nightwing #3
Justice League #3
Birds of Prey #1
Suicide Squad #1

Darth Vader #24 (penultimate issue Sad)
Power Man and Iron Fist #7
Spider Woman #10
Amazing Spider-Man #16
Mighty Thor #10
Ultimates #10

Night Force #1
Night Force #2

Night Force #3 of the first 12 issues that 'Cow was cool enough to send me!!!!! Hells yeah!!!! Can't wait until the end of the month for this, so have to dip in just a little
 Grin
Also have a Brave and the Bold issue, also from Cow, that I want to check out as well, but waiting to see if Dave has the issue after or before in-case it continues or is a continuation of either.
 Wink

Thanks again 'Cow!!!

How's about you'se guys? Whatcha reading
 Smiley
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 01:25:10 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 12:35:35 PM »

ComiXology
Supergirl 1
Suicide Squad 1
Batman 5
Justice League 3
Batman the Black Mirror TPB

Marvel Unlimited - Secret Wars Tie-Ins
Spider Island 2
Spider Island 3
Spider Island 4
Spider Island 5
Secret Wars 1
Secret Wars 2
Secret Wars 3
Secret Wars 4
Secret Wars 5
Secret Wars 6
Secret Wars 7
Secret Wars 8
Secret Wars 9

Trade Paper Back
Archer & Armstrong Vol 7 The One Percent & Other Tales

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 12:47:08 PM »

Hmmmm
Grin

I'll start Spider Island before I go to sleep.  Might get through those five ...

Spider Island 2
Spider Island 3
Spider Island 4
Spider Island 5

I guess someone fell asleep pretty fast last night.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 12:57:15 PM »

Yes indeed!  Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 01:02:58 PM »

Adding these also to my list:

ComiXology
Grayson 20
Grayson Annual 3

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 01:35:20 AM »

Man that Night Force was a nice read. There is one part where the poor girl is in the padded cell, yet all these visitors can just come in. Ha, that was kinda funny, but still a great issue #1. And packed with story it was. Man I miss this much storytelling in a single issue.
 Smiley
Thanks again, Cow!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 02:53:00 AM »

Sam Wilson, Captain America 4,5,6 (almost a caricature of actual politics/1% leanings/beliefs, etc)
Captain America: White 2,3,4
Uncanny X-men #600 (really? Waited forever to read..this? Bah)
All-New X-men 2,3 (what the shit is going on?!!!)
Daredevil 2,3

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 12:58:48 PM »

Sam Wilson, Captain America 4,5,6 (almost a caricature of actual politics/1% leanings/beliefs, etc)

Exactly. Nothing like watching the news all morning only to later read about the shit in a comic that I am trying to use to escape all the shit I heard and learned watching the news all morning.
 Undecided
Not saying it isn't .... important to discuss the various points of view, but it does kill the escapism factor, ya know?  Cheesy

Uncanny X-men #600 (really? Waited forever to read..this? Bah)

Ha, so sorry for you. I have heard horror stories  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

All-New X-men 2,3 (what the shit is going on?!!!)

Oh this started so badly. About dropped it from my reading list 4 times at least. It does get kinda better, depending on your love/dislike for Bagley and how much you enjoy Apocalypse  Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 01:44:20 AM »

I...ah...I'll go talk about this in the individual threads. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 01:36:20 PM »

Well, slowly getting there, but with only one more day before new releases (maybe two if I don't hit the shop until Thursday) I am not sure I will get much more done. Especially with the young one getting ready to go back in the hospital for another week for treatment number three (Yea, only four more to go). Was able to finish issue #2 of Night Force yesterday, while I was waiting to see if she had to have that blood transfusion, but luckily her iron levels came back up so we avoided that for this week. Man, sorry, hijacked my own post.
 Cheesy Cheesy

Anyway, here is the latest update, in case you were not checking in above.

Aliens Defiance #3
Black Hammer #2
Briggs Land #1
Klaus #7
Spawn Kills Everyone
- Flipped through more than read. Todd's attempt to jump on the Skottie Young Bandwagon  Roll Eyes
I hate Fairyland #8
Star Trek #60 (last issue before relaunch)

Superman #5
Batman #3
Batman #4
Batman #5

Nightwing #3
Justice League #3
Birds of Prey #1
Suicide Squad #1

Darth Vader #24 (penultimate issue Sad)
Power Man and Iron Fist #7
Spider Woman #10
Amazing Spider-Man #16
Mighty Thor #10
Ultimates #10

Night Force #1
Night Force #2

Night Force #3

Ya know, I got to be honest, if it weren't for Wonder Woman, Action and Detective Comics coming out tomorrow I may just skip this week's stuff (at least until the week-end) and just read some of these older titles that have been waiting for me. Books like the aforementioned Night Force, Booster Gold, Batman Inc., a couple LoSH issues, a couple more Back Issue issues ... but man I really want to read those three books.
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 01:45:34 PM »

I haven't made as much progress as usual either this week.  Had to fly out to Miami this weekend for a funeral which sucked up my time.  I'm not too busy today so I may rally here on the last day.  We shall see.

ComiXology
Supergirl 1
Suicide Squad 1
Batman 5
Justice League 3

Grayson 20
Grayson Annual 3

Spider Island 2
Spider Island 3
Spider Island 4
Spider Island 5

Secret Wars 1
Secret Wars 2
Secret Wars 3
Secret Wars 4
Secret Wars 5
Secret Wars 6
Secret Wars 7
Secret Wars 8
Secret Wars 9

Trade Paper Back

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 02:32:56 PM »

Undecided
Got a little sidetracked with my reading list

Batman & Robin #1
Batman & Robin #2
Batman & Robin #3
Batman & Robin #4
Batman &
Robin #5

Hate when that happens  Cheesy Gonna finish #5 and, thanks to Marvel being Marvel Now  Cheesy, probably keep going for awhile.

Even though he is not on for too long ... damn do I love that Quitely art  Smiley. May jump over to the Comic Book DataBase and find all his books and do a Quitley Read-through with what I can find at the shop. Ya know, like I did with my George Perez read-through ... that I got only two issues into before being sidetracked.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 05:30:38 PM »

Made good progress yesterday.

ComiXology
Suicide Squad 1
Grayson 20
Grayson Annual 3

Secret Wars 1
Secret Wars 2

Secret Wars 3
Secret Wars 4
Secret Wars 5
Secret Wars 6
Secret Wars 7
Secret Wars 8
Secret Wars 9

Trade Paper Back

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS