HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:54:15 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: THOR  (Read 13655 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 22, 2016, 01:34:38 PM »

Issue #10

WTF?!?!?!?!
 Shocked
How did ...?? What does this mean??? How ...Huh

8 outta 10 - very confused Perrys !!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 02:21:02 PM »

Issue #14

A great issue that I loved to read and also, kinda, just a small part of me, hated.

I loved it for the story and the art that was contained within the cover. I hated it because of what it does to the true nature of Mjölnir. There is change here that I guess I just have to get used to. I don't mean to say I hate it, it is a good idea, a great idea, I am just in a "I don't want change" mood as most of the comics I have given high-grades to are ones that are more like the older days of comics. This is certainly not that ... but it could be that if I just let it be.

Man, still, what a great single story. One that EVERYONE needs to read.

A solid book that deserves a ten, with only my mood keeping me from making it so .. but no, that is not fair.

It is, and it deserves a

10 outta 10 Cosmic Hurricanes
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 07:40:57 PM »

Can't wait to get there!! If the trades get there before Unlimited, I'll read it there soon as I can!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 01:11:51 PM »

Question ... with the current Unworthy Thor mini-series being about what it is about  Wink (trying not to spoil for you MU readers) ... and don't read this if you don't want to be spoiled on what the current mini is about ...  even though I am sure I am wrong ... could Thor ... no that isn't right, let me say it this way ... with regard to what Fury whispered to Thor to make him "Unworthy" ...
Could Thor be "unworthy" because he is from the Ultimate Universe? He is currently on his way to find the Ultimate Thor's hammer, but what if it is really his hammer?

Yes, that is kinda stupid as I don't know why that would make him "unworthy" if that is the case  Cheesy, but just thinking out loud. Still bugged by what Fury could have told Thor that would make Thor not go to Odin to discuss or fight or find an answer to. Other than Thor being a LMD or a clone of course. LMD could be the answer as Fury could have told him and it triggered the "I know this to be true" response, but ...
 Angry

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 05:24:12 PM »

Are we destined to have "Odinson" forever?

How does Marvel take Jane Foster away from the hammer? Am I never to hear the cry of "Have at Thee" coming from the male Thor again? This idea, this fear, has recently crawled its way into my brain and I can't get rid of it. I am not trying to be sexist or anything like that, but just worried that Marvel will see all the love towards the female Thor (including the love from me), be so scared of the outcry that may come if she were to lose that power and I just don't see a good way for me to get my Thor back.

I am not saying that the "Fosthor" ... hmmm I like that  Grin doesn't have all the rights to be a main, heroic character in Marvel, but must it come at the expense of the male Thor?

Will they just kill Jane off, in a grand last heroic gesture so Thor can return to his rightful name? Let's not forget his name is Thor. HIS NAME. But now it's whomever holds the hammer? What bullshit?
 Cheesy
(Not truly mad)

Okay, yes, that doesn't make sense to me and does piss me off they took Thor's name, but I have still enjoyed all of what Aaron has done here, with the character, but how does my Thor return? Does he?

DOES HE???

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 05:35:40 PM »

Why can't they keep both?  All they need is two hammers.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 06:14:15 PM »

Why can't they keep both?  All they need is two hammers.

Because I hate the Ulitmate Thor hammer for one  Grin and then you have two Thors? No. I don't want another Wally West bullshit in my Thor bullshit.  Cheesy I want the name "Odinson" to go bye-bye, he is Thor damn it!!

I am all good for them both staying but SHE gets the other hammer and HE gets the name Thor
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 09:15:27 PM »

I am all good for them both staying but SHE gets the other hammer and HE gets the name Thor
 Smiley

I won't argue with that.  That's how it would have to be for me too.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 03:26:08 AM »

But I don't want 3 Spider-mans either.  Tongue  Wink

But I do agree. If there's anyway to keep Jane going, I think I'm all for it. I think, maybe, at some point, she'll simply pass it back. She may end up tired fighting both lives she's living.

I know I need to reread ALL my Thor stuff, but I can be damned to remember right now what prompted her-by the Queen-to take up the hammer and fight. I just...can't remember right now.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 04:47:45 AM »

But I don't want 3 Spider-mans either.  Tongue  Wink

There is only one as far as I am concerned and his name is Miles. That other, that Peter one, stopped being Spider-Man the moment he became a Stark.
 Wink

I know I need to reread ALL my Thor stuff, but I can be damned to remember right now what prompted her-by the Queen-to take up the hammer and fight. I just...can't remember right now.

I thought it was just a "We must show Odin that men are not the end all be all of the Universe" or some such. If it wasn't. I sure as hell have also forgotten why.
 Grin
I am pretty sure it was in the discussion with the All-Mother and Odin that time, but then again ... heck, I don't know.
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 11:36:04 PM »

Unworthy Thor 1

Oh man it is so great reading Real Thor by Aaron again.  Loved this first issue.  And add Beta Ray Bill to the mix?  I am in Thor heaven.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 03:48:25 AM »

I'm almost upset that I own all this in trades...cuz man, do I want the entirety of all this Aaron Thor run and associated works in the oversized HC when they come out!!!

I love the Mighty and the Unworthy Thor books!! So much love!! And Beta Ray Bill!!! w00t!! Dautermann and Coipiel back on these books? Simply magnificent!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 01:39:06 AM »

Mighty Thor 16

Damn, but I love this Thor and her fiery answers with the Shiar gods!

And Sif against Cul!! What conversation!! Loved it!

Dautermann? Don't know where he came from, but SO glad he's here!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 12:49:36 AM »

Mighty Thor 17

I love this run so damned much!!!!!

Unworthy Thor 5

I love this writer, and this Thor so damned much! War-Thor to be shown soon!! Love this mythos Aaron has created and made breathe!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 05:01:38 PM »

Without Jason Aaron, Bendis and to a lesser degree Charles Soule ... two writers that Jimbo just LOVES  Wink Grin ( " ... yes, it is pronounced Soul" .. spread the word!!) and even more to a lesser degree  Grin, only because he is so new, Brisson, I would have almost no Marvel to read at all. I think almost all of my books are written by that group with a small smattering here and there (IE Ultimates).

Still Aaron is at the top of the list and now that he is bringing his buddy Donny Cates over (Paybacks, God Country, Red Neck) to write Thanos and Dr. Strange, to start, I am hoping to add another to the top tier.

But yep, Aaron is the $#!%  Grin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS