HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:19:12 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Briggs Land  (Read 3525 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 19, 2016, 02:07:42 PM »

Nice book.
Very well written crime family drama where the wife, the mother takes control of "the family". Written by the great Brian Woods (so it was an easy decision for me to read this title  Wink) this will only go down as yet another book that is labeled as "a Brian Woods book". From first getting an invitation from Warren Ellis to co-write Generation-X, to drawing covers for Ellis and his title Global Frequency. Since then ... Well, you decide. How good is this writer?

Not owned-
Conan
Star Wars

How good were his runs on those titles? And then his own stuff -

Demo
Local
DMZ
Massive
Rebels
Starve - Damn great 10 issue book!!!! A Perry Must Read about a chef ... ha ... yeah, a chef!!!!  Grin
Aliens Defiance - Best Alien book in a loooong time. Feels like Aliens 5!!!

These titles are all deserving of a look and so is his newest one Briggs Land. Not a ton of action in this first issue, but the set-up is great. Looking forward to more.

8 outta 10 - Woman!!! Do what your told ... s
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 01:21:53 PM »

Issue #3

This book is heading to tv and it is gonna be a great show. Loving this book. More of a slow burn, like Brubaker's Criminal or something, but still so good. The art is great, dialog is crisp. This book is a gem

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 03:04:58 PM »

Ok.  I'll add it to my Wish List on Comixology.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 03:49:15 PM »

Cool, but I would suggest just trying the first issue before buying more, regardless of the price ... unless it is packaged that way.

Just in-case.  Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS