HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 07:36:29 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TOP OF THE STACK 8/17/16  (Read 2806 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 16, 2016, 08:22:09 PM »

Okay folks, whats the one book eating a hole in your brain this week. The one that you may be hard pressed to not read as soon as it hits your hands ... even if you are using a chainsaw.
 Cheesy
(What? I don't know, lets just move on)
 Cheesy

Wow, this is a very hard week to place one book above all others. We have some great books that I want to read this week including three from Dark Horse, one from IDW, two from DC and two from Marvel. Jeez.

But the winner this week, the book I will read first this week, my Top of the Stack for this week (have I said this week enough?) has to be ...

Briggs Land #1

Written by Brian Wood (Star Wars, Rebels, DMZ and countless other great titles) and up and comer Mack Chater it looks to be like Justified and that is fine with me.

So hows about you? What is the one title your eyes are itching to read?
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 12:38:10 PM »

If I had to pick one I guess it would be Supergirl #1.  Truthfully, there's nothing I'm just dieing to read this week.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 12:43:16 PM »

If I had to pick one I guess it would be Supergirl #1.  Truthfully, there's nothing I'm just dieing to read this week.

Hmmm interesting. I will be waiting to hear your thoughts on ... what I heard comes to light, I guess is the best way to say that. I really want to know if it's true or not.
 Smiley

The art looks interesting. Very different.

Let us know!!
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 01:44:59 AM »

Didn't get to the shop today, so will have to try again tomorrow.

Waited all day for my new Keyboard/Electric Piano to arrive and of course UPS hits my door at 5:20 PM. Could have spent most of the day at the shop, but noooooo. Still finally glad to have this puppy now. Been meaning to learn for awhile now. Can't play the guitar any longer as about two years ago I dropped a knife, and then was stupid enough to try and catch it. That brilliant move resulted in me about severing my ring finger on my fret hand, but as it was it was bad enough to cause nerve damage so now every time I place my finger on a string (or especially slide down the neck of the guitar) my left hand feels like it is getting struck by lightning. Hurts like hell.

Its weird facing these white and black keys knowing I will have to learn my chords all over again. Pity I just can't make a C chord with my hand like I would normally do on a guitar and just bring my hand over to the keys and make a C chord that way.
 Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS