HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:18:58 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - August 10, 2016  (Read 5517 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 08, 2016, 08:44:30 PM »

Man this year is flying by.  Can you believe it's already the 2nd week in August?

Here's the start of my "get's" starting Wednesday.

DCBS - FINAL SHIPMENT! (For me anyway; the kiddo still gets some floppies that I buy for her here)
Invisible Republic TP Vol 02 - Finally!  Once I read this I can finally switch this title to digital.

Marvel Unlimited
A-Force 2
New Avengers 6
Old Man Logan 2
Spider-Man 2099 6
Ultimates 4
Weirdworld 3

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 09:44:48 PM »

Jeff,
No DC this week?

My "gets" Cheesy this week should be

New Super-Man #2 - Really loved the first issue of this comic. Hope it continues when China Bats and China WW enter  Grin
All-Star Batman #1 - So excited for this series, especially since JRjr has toned down his squarness a tad.
Detective #938 - Becoming one of my favorite DC books.
Wonder Woman #4 - Back to the origin we go
Red Hood and blah blah #1 - Gonna try this to see if I like it.
Deathstroke Rebirth #1 - Christopher Priest returns !!! Man I hope this Rebirth issue isn't like most of them  Undecided

Darth Vader #24 - Penultimate issue  Cry
Vision #10 - Penultimate to the penultimate issue  Cheesy ... but really Cry x2
Old Man Logan #10 - Maybe. I think I need to catch up first. No idea how far behind I am on this.
An/AD Avengers #13 - Another maybe. Just for Miles. This is one Waid book that has done very little for me though  Undecided
Amazing Spidey #16 - Yet another maybe ... but a probably ... for this is the "before" of "Dead No More", with the Clone Conspiracy (and the return of the Jackal) right around the corner, now is the time I need to be up to date on Parker's goings on. Plus I went to the library the other day and read issues 101-104 (Morbius) and got stoked again.  Wink

Ninjak #18 - Man this title needs to return to glory. Hopefully that will start here.
War Stories #19 - Love WWII stories and I love when they are told by Garth Ennis. Like comic Reeces for me  Grin
Black Monday Murders #1 - Hickman baby. I will probably get this and not read it until issue #5 comes out, to better my chances of understanding it.  Cheesy Hickman loves those long, sideways story-telling tricks

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 02:16:00 AM »

I usually wait until Wenesday to post my DC and Image buys from ComiXology since they don't list them until they come out.  All Star Bats and Deathstroke will likely be my buys from this week and the rest will be an assortment of things that have price dropped.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 11:08:17 AM »

I usually wait until Wenesday to post my DC and Image buys from ComiXology since they don't list them until they come out.

Ahhh, gotcha.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 11:37:11 AM »

Honest; I'll be around at some point to talk at length about the DC stuff! I finally finished my comics from 2 weeks ago, so I should be able to write about them in...in another couple of days? Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 02:33:12 PM »

Honest; I'll be around at some point to talk at length about the DC stuff! I finally finished my comics from 2 weeks ago, so I should be able to write about them in...in another couple of days? Wink

Grin
I understand, buddy. I understand

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 03:38:51 PM »

I bought these on Comixology yesterday.  I think from now on, I'm going to wait for the price drops on the DC books with a few exceptions.  Not paying $4.99 for All Star Batman going forward.

All Star Batman 1
Batman 4
Batman: The Black Mirror TPB
Deathstroke: Rebirth 1
Detective Comics 938
Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps 2
Justice League 2
Nightwing 2
Red Hood & the Outlaws 1
Suicide Squad: Rebirth 1
Superman 4
Superwoman 1
Wonder Woman 4

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 05:46:43 PM »

The Black Mirror ... Damn I keep forgetting to read that arc. Crap!!! Need to put that on my Weekly Reader, but no way this week. I have only read one issue of that arc and I really like it (though that one issue kinda spoiled something for me, so when I go back and read ... but maybe I will forget by then)
 Cheesy

And $5 for a digital comic? Nope. Don't blame ya at all, Jeff. No way I continue to pay that price for a freaking digital copy. This shit is just crazy.
"Digital sales are nothing when you look at print sales."
Well no shit.

Damn I wish one of the major companies would just say -
Ya know what, if we take the cost of publishing a physical comic, subtract that from the cost of making the actual comic and add in the cost of digital storage ... then charge the people a fee based on that ..."

Can you image that? Can you image in DC or Marvel just said screw the retailer? If they started to sell Digital copies at $1 or heck, even $2 they day of release? What that would do to the digital sales? Bet your ass when people started to realize they can get the same copy, the same day, for half off the print copy ... yeah, let's see those sales then.
 Grin

$5 for a digital book, a single issue comic, is just ... sad.

And Jeff, DC is suppose to be stopping that timed reduction in price also. I mean companies are just fighting digital so badly. That is why DC doesn't have a DC Unlimited. They just don't want digital to succeed I guess.
 Undecided

I get my daily paper online now. I still get the week-end paper delivered, so I am not saying print will go away, there is always demand for print. But both can coexist even with the digital being cheaper. People will still want their print comics, but stop punishing the rest of the fans that like digital. There is just no reason why digital should cost this much.

Man, what the heck is wrong with me. I am just full of rant after rant today. I need to step away.
 Grin
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 06:37:44 PM »

DC announced they would not do any price drops digitally. You can read it at bleeding cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 08:17:32 PM »

The Black Mirror ... Damn I keep forgetting to read that arc. Crap!!! Need to put that on my Weekly Reader, but no way this week. I have only read one issue of that arc and I really like it (though that one issue kinda spoiled something for me, so when I go back and read ... but maybe I will forget by then)
 Cheesy

Comixology had the Black Mirror Trade on sale for $12.99.  That's collecting issues 871 to 881.  Eleven issues - that's $1.18 an issue. Individually they are selling them for $1.99.  Buy it now whether you get it on the reading list or not.

And Jeff, DC is suppose to be stopping that timed reduction in price also.

DC announced they would not do any price drops digitally. You can read it at bleeding cool

I saw that too though I thought I read that they weren't stopping just delaying like six months or hadn't announced the actual time frame.  That's fine if that's what they want.  Plenty of Image, Valiant, and Marvel out there to read.

Which reminds me.  Image drops their price when the next Pre-Order is announced.  Did you see that?  THE PRE-ORDER.  They don't even wait for the next issue to drop to $1.99.  That's a company that get's it.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 12:54:26 AM »

Cheesy

Comixology had the Black Mirror Trade on sale for $12.99.  That's collecting issues 871 to 881.  Eleven issues - that's $1.18 an issue. Individually they are selling them for $1.99.  Buy it now whether you get it on the reading list or not.

That is a fine deal !!!  Cool

Which reminds me.  Image drops their price when the next Pre-Order is announced.  Did you see that?  THE PRE-ORDER.  They don't even wait for the next issue to drop to $1.99.  That's a company that get's it.

If I could DOUBLE-BOLD that statement I would!!!!! Damn digital pricing

SHOW 'EM, IMAGE !!!!
 Smiley

« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 01:44:37 AM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 01:42:40 AM »

I agree on all that was said on the digital. Wink

In the order that they were placed in my shopping bag:

Green Arrow 4
Superman 4
Aquaman 4
Deathstroke 1
Wonder Woman 4
Superwoman 1
Action 961
Flash 4
Hal & GLC 2

Boy...I am spending money on this Rebirth!!

If, and I mean IF, DC would drop their titles after a few months, I would try more titles digitally at the discount. No fooling.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS