HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:01:03 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RED HOOD - REBIRTH  (Read 4660 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 30, 2016, 07:47:19 AM »

An okay issue centering solely and sadly just on Redhood, like Jeff had mentioned. I would kinda had liked a little more of the "... AND THE OUTLAWS" inside this issue, but I guess that is what issue ones are for. Wait, isn't this a number one?
 Cheesy

I guess they didn't want to cloud the "hey this is a relatively good guy" aspect so they left out Redhood's soon to be running mates. But I still have no idea how this book will play out. I was hoping I could get a peek inside the structure with this issue, but not at all.

Still, not a bad issue, especially as the "Rebirth" issues go, which have mostly been just an okay introduction for new readers, and that's fine. Understandable. But damn I wanted "team" aspect in this issue. I am more mad about what I didn't get than mad about what is here. This isn't bad. It's a good fast history (with a confusing picture sequence) catching everyone up on this red hooded character. Better than some Rebirth issues, for sure, but still ...
 Undecided
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 01:25:02 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 01:08:19 PM »

I agree. The rebirth issues should be a tease for the new series and so should have given us a peek into the other characters. I'm going to get the real first issue and see how it goes.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 01:24:12 PM »

Jeez, me and my adding or leaving off a letter.  Angry Angry Angry I need to slow down that typing I guess.

Fixed "...sadly just one Redhood" to read as "...sadly just on Redhood"
and
Fixed "...aspect so the left out Redhood's..." to "...aspect so they left out Redhood's..."

EDIT - And I am giving the first couple issues a try as well, unless the first one gets me running away with arms flailing in the air.
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 01:27:07 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 02:00:40 AM »

Issue 1

Nice issue.  I take back my uncertainty about the Rebirth issue.  I think this is going to be a winner.  I find myself liking the slow build up of the team because they are taking the time to build the setting and develop characters.

This one may just stay on my full price list.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 11:41:18 AM »

This one may just stay on my full price list.

Wow. Sweet. Hope to get to it soon.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 11:36:56 AM »

This title just continues to impress me. I just have a ball with this book. It is fun, action packed, humorous, nice looking ... it just checks all the boxes.

Now there is one particular problem with this last issue (#5), but artists can't always be on their game I suppose. During a fight scene, Redhood lifts his handgun to look through the sight at a target, except a couple panels prior he had no sight on his handgun.
 Grin

Such silly thing and it didn't ruin the issue or anything, but noticeable. Still, people should be reading this ... without doubt!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS