HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:53:26 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WONDER WOMAN  (Read 20503 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 05:29:29 PM »

Honestly, if asked to pick between GotG2 and WW, oh, I pick WW.

This hit me in such an iconic way, the way that Superman:The Movie, Batman (1989), and even the first Spider-man (2001) hits me. Oh sure, they play some different measures, use some different scales, but the beats are 100% there and the movie just sings!!!!

I'm in love with this movie. I think I can see it again tomorrow night, if the little dude's teething ends up being okay.

But Jeff's comment is correct; you don't have to pick! You just get to love them both!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2017, 08:22:12 PM »

I have seen neither, yet, and I am choosing to go see WW first.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2017, 09:30:46 PM »

I have seen neither, yet, and I am choosing to go see WW first.
 Grin

You can't miss either way.  I think you will like Wonder Woman.  So what's taking you so long?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2017, 10:38:40 AM »

So what's taking you so long?

Cheesy
I am ruled by my legs, my man. If they tell me we are going nowhere, we go nowhere  Cheesy Cheesy

Sadly, it is hard for me to read sometimes when my legs flare up or I would be reading more than you ... and THAT is saying something
 Grin Grin Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2017, 07:09:29 PM »

Honestly, if asked to pick between GotG2 and WW, oh, I pick WW.

I agree.  If you're only seeing one, I'd see WW on the big screen.

However, if you're planning on seeing both at the theater eventually, I'd probably see GotG2 first since it may be leaving the theaters sooner than WW.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2017, 02:39:16 PM »

Saw it again.

I'm in love with Wonder Woman.

Hope I can see it on $5 Tuesday since the mother in law will be around to spend the night to watch the baby the next day!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2017, 03:31:54 PM »

Really need to go see this but havent had much time with the move and unpacking, travel as well as work.  plus both my kids are no longer within easy distance to go see it together and the wife has little interest...unfortunately she chose to join us on movies that were less than good (BvS & ASM2) and no matter how i suggest the "good" ones she still not interest.

oh well...looks like i will try and go solo, hopefully this weekend.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2017, 03:48:24 PM »

It always cracks me up how there is all this moaning and crying that there aren't any female leads in movies and then when there is one, and a strong one, women don't want to go to see it (my wife doesn't want to go see it either).  Yet, they'll line up for Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America.  Oh the irony.

You won't mind seeing it solo Wringer.  It's that good.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2017, 03:40:56 PM »

You guys have got me in the mood to see it again.  Maybe I'll go tonight.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2017, 10:49:45 AM »

Okay, so I finally saw this a couple days ago, and since Jimmy said Spider-Man was a good movie, but didn't praise it as being the best movie he has ever seen, in retaliation, I am going to bash this movie.
 Cheesy Cheesy

Just kidding.  Cheesy  Grin Wink

I really, really did enjoy this movie. Loved it. Heck, even the opening DC Production scene showing all the Justice League characters and then widening out to show the a good portion of DC characters was really cool. Was that there with Suicide Squad? If so, I missed it. I thought that alone was a nice new (to me) touch and a nice way to refresh the DC movie U.

Another thing that impressed me early on, was the young Diana. Wow what a great little job she did. And what a great job of picking the early teen Diana as well as she looked JUST LIKE the younger version, same nose and face shape, and it really sold the imagery of Diana aging.

And as for adult Diana, like Mitch and others have said, Gail Gadot was THE perfect choice. Her beauty just explodes off the screen when they want it to (getting her civilian dress stuff for just one example) while her acting drives home the power and mental fortitude so important to her character. Something that many a young girl will hopefully latch onto.

The supporting cast was also amazing. David Thewlis, who I just saw on Fargo (which if you guys haven't seen the new Fargo shows you are missing out) was perfection. Etta Candy was portrayed with great humor by ... crap ... I know her name but can't remember ... crap ... anyway ... continuing ... Huston was great as a Nazi, he plays bad so good  Smiley and Chris Pine was ... well ... I am not a Chris Pine fan, but he was, as always, serviceable I suppose (but not great by any means).

There were so many great things in the movie. So many. Truly a great effort and something that the DCMU should (hopefully) be able to build off of including, with any luck, signing the director to return for WWII. I mean WW2.
 Cheesy

I did have a couple issue .. a couple minor issues, other than Chris Pines acting of course  Grin. These didn't ruin the movie for me, by any means, but just a little something I wish they would have done a little different.
1 - Some of the CG looked a little ... off. Again, nothing that killed it, but some parts, just a couple of Diana jumping, really looked like they could have spend a couple more weeks making it look a little better. But I think you can find that opinion in any movie with CG heavy use.
2 - ... and sorry but this is where I have to start using the "I Am Groot" spoiler tags  Cheesy
The "Shield!" thing. Here we have a woman that has proven she can jump 100's of feet in the air, but suddenly, Steve recalls seeing a cool move on the training field and so he uses a truck/tank door to propel Diana up 7 stories into the air? BAH !!  Angry
3 -
Naked Steve Trevor. That part should have been edited out and left on the cutting room floor. You guys know I am not prude, hahah, man you should really know that, but that scene was something that just took the movie to a place it need not have gone. There was no reason for it at all. The comedy that was there was not that funny, for one, in-fact tired and over used if anything, but it just wasn't necessary nor done with any service to the movie.

Again, none of that spoiled anything for me. You will always have issues with any hero movie, of course, just three little things that I noticed, along with the ending that was a tad ... well ... enough of that.

This was a spectacular movie. No doubt about it.

Was it DC's best. I think right now it would be for me, but I think after the new car smell wears off I may still enjoy Dark Knight more, I think, but Wonder Woman is certainly up there and it belongs up there. Period.

9 outta 10 - Ricocheted Bullets!!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2017, 01:48:30 PM »

3 -
Naked Steve Trevor. That part should have been edited out and left on the cutting room floor. You guys know I am not prude, hahah, man you should really know that, but that scene was something that just took the movie to a place it need not have gone. There was no reason for it at all. The comedy that was there was not that funny, for one, in-fact tired and over used if anything, but it just wasn't necessary nor done with any service to the movie.

Totally agree on this scene.  As one of the many fathers who took their little girl to this movie, this scene made me mad.  Totally unnecessary and not even funny (like you said).  Bad judgment on Warner Brothers part.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 09:43:22 AM »

Totally agree on this scene.  As one of the many fathers who took their little girl to this movie, this scene made me mad.  Totally unnecessary and not even funny (like you said).  Bad judgment on Warner Brothers part.

It was just ... so unnecessary and totally off theme of the movie.
You could have had the same "effect" without the 'I have a pretty large dick' part by just having Diana be impressed or interested in his overall male physique, without bringing the "dangling chad" into play. Especially when they do a similar joke, again, seconds later when she asked him ... whatever it was she asked when he realized she was talking about his watch. Heck leave that part in and it would have been fine. But no reason whatsoever for the other part.
They had a fantastic movie for little girls to be a part of and, like you said, that part just made a lot of fathers who took the daughters to the movie very uncomfortable. I had no daughters with me but if there were any in the theater when I saw the movie, luckily there were not, I would have felt a tad uncomfortable.

And yes I know most girls, depending on age, would not know what the hell Steve was referring to, but as a dad you don't get hit with reality first, you get hit with "Hey!!! My daughter is right here".

Again, not being prudish, but it was not needed nor a good fit for this movie is all.

Didn't ruin the experience overall, still a grand movie that I enjoyed immensely, but yeah, could have been just as grand without that small part ... or large part as it were
 Wink

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2017, 09:56:12 PM »

Agreed.  Cheap and unnecessary.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2017, 02:59:07 AM »

For me, the scene really rang untrue for how a man from 1916 would act. Being a spy nonwithstanding, I wouldn't believe any man would stand and not hide themself from a drop dead gorgeous woman.

Make the scene so he crashes back in the water and tells Diana she can't be in there, and Diana to question if he's embarassed of himself? Is he not like other men? Sure, that can be funny, but standing full monty and trying to explain was...uncomfortable to all. I agree, a clunker of a scene.

Perry; you hate Chris Pine that much? LOL I honestly really don't care; as there are actors that I spit into open air when you mention their names (Drew Barrymore! Pft!), but what's your dig on him? Just curious.

And Perry, for your point #2...it's always done so their is a callback to some past scene in the movie. Always happens, always will. *shrugs* AT least that way, the boys felt helpful. Wink  Cheesy

I believe I get to see it again for a 4th time Wednesday!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2017, 03:41:02 AM »

Also:

Great!! Wonder Woman was still 4th at the box office after 6 weeks out. Sequels like Cars & Transformers, both debuting after her, both have dropped and fallen behind. This movie has done amazing domestically, and internationally to the tune of $745 million!! I think I've got one more viewing in me yet!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS