HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:55:22 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WONDER WOMAN  (Read 20507 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 24, 2016, 12:55:32 AM »

Well if this doesn't get all the young girls playing like a badass with the young boys I am not sure what will  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 03:06:35 AM »

Damn fine trailer, and the one line "what I do is not up to you" is a PERFECT Wonder Woman line. With the action shown, I think all will believe that Wonder Woman was and is the reason why women can be superheroes!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 05:13:44 AM »

Love it.  I can't wait to see this.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 06:15:52 PM »

Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 12:17:36 AM »

OMG that is AWESOME!!!!

Is it too much to hope DC got this one right?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 06:47:07 PM »

Man, that last trailer was fantastic, too!! Such high hopes that I honestly think will be met with this DC movie!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 12:11:14 PM »

Really glad to hear that the new Wonder Woman movie is getting such good reviews. Not only because it is nice to see a DC movie get off the schneid, it is also very nice to see that a woman hero, that deserves attention, is getting some notice!!!

Yes, that is awesome to me  Smiley

EDIT - and to all the men bitching and groaning about how they had a premiere for women only ... shut up. Just shut up. Go chill at a strip club ... there, you can all be "men"
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 12:13:55 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 05:48:24 PM »

Can't wait to see this...and a few times at that!!

Jimmy T since 2001
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 03:24:34 AM »

i took my daughter, my niece and my nephew to see this at the local IMAX today.  in a word....AWESOME!  In my opinion, the best DC movie to date and yes, I thought it was even better than The Dark Knight. 

I actually got goosebumps watching one of the fight scenes.  Gal Gadot makes a stunning, strong and believable WW.  Chris Pine was excellent.  The Golden Lasso was done oh so right. 

it really is a great film.  go.  go now.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 03:28:15 AM »

Took my daughter to see Wonder Woman tonight.  Great movie.  A little long and I thought the end was a little too over the top but those are minor complaints.  DC has a hit with this one and I'm really glad.  I've always felt that Wonder Woman was a top tier hero and could carry a film if the character was treated right.  They did a perfect job and Gadot is an amazing Wonder Woman.

Four thumbs up.  Two from me and two from best girl.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 10:05:04 AM »

This has (and was going to) jump Guardians for me, as for what my next movie will be. I wasted my guardians movie day on Aliens: Covenant about a week ago  Angry so now WW will also slide in front.

And Aliens wasn't a waste, I enjoyed it, but it was not as scary as the wife and I had hoped.
 Undecided

Wow, Perry, way to turn a DC WW movie thread inside out and start discussing Marvel and Dark Horse stuff.

You ass
 Angry

Cheesy

(Sorry)

Yes, I look forward to seeing this and am very happy about the praise it is getting.
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 02:50:36 AM »

Absolutely love this movie. I'm getting much more empathetic as I age (and, well, fatherhood), and I teared up several times. Just...wonderful Smiley

So very pleased and happy with this movie. Can't wait to go again!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 07:00:05 PM »

My favorite DC movie to date.  LOVE this movie.   

So many great scenes.  I especially enjoyed one of the film's several Crowning Moments of Awesome when...
...they were in the trench on the front and Diana told Steve that she needed to save the villagers, and he told her that she couldn't just run out there into No Man's Land.  I thought to myself "Awwww yeeeeahh, baby.  Now it's on."  Sure enough, up the ladder she goes, and cue the slo-mo glorious hero shot.  Absolutely goose-bumping brilliant. 

Feel free to disagree, but for me Gal Gadot is beyond perfect as WW; she is ICONIC.  Iconic like the way I hear Kevin Conroy's voice in my head when I read Batman.  Like when I pretended to be Superman as a kid, I was really pretending to be Christopher Reeve as Superman.  Love her.  Kiss

Another thing that struck me was that among the new cinematic Justice Leaguers that we've seen, Wonder Woman alone is a true hero.  She inspires hope in her comrades and the people she tries to save.  Batman seems to inspire in people as much fear as the criminals whose heads he cracks against the walls.  And the people who look up to the scowling, brooding Superman seem just as likely to be saved from disaster as they are to have him accidentally drop an office building on them in the middle of a fight.

Oh, and I love Gal Gadot.  Have I mentioned that yet?  Grin

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 07:44:09 PM »

I totally agree about how great this movie is and how perfect Gal Gadot is for this role.  That scene you mentioned is absolutely one of the great scenes in the movie.  I loved it too.

I think I still liked Guardians better if I had to pick because, well, I am Groot.

But fortunately I don't have to pick and can just say these two movies are awesome.  Go see them.

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 08:46:08 PM »

I think I still liked Guardians better if I had to pick because, well, I am Groot.

Cheesy

I think it would be cool if, instead of a blank box, the spoiler boxes would read "I am Groot" until you clicked on them.  Grin

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS