HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:36:20 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JUSTICE LEAGUE  (Read 21319 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 24, 2016, 12:50:52 AM »

Well, this, looks, promising ... (though I am .... the black hair on Barry ...)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 03:09:05 AM »

They can make a decent trailer, but I doubt putting the images as they do in the trailer really defines what the movie will be like. I suspect more maudlin and brooding and sinister fuzzy evils from nowhere. I mean, it's still Snyder, so I suspect the suck will still come of it. Who knows. Maybe he got neutered enough and pressed down enough by other execs that this movie will not be a continuation of BvS.

I mean, the jokes between Diana and Bruce in the cave? They seem funny with the cutting of the trailer, but if the actual film doesn't have a little drum beat or flat sounding brass instrument to highlight the humor, it'll all be gallows humor like any time Alfred talked to Bruce in BvS.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 03:18:02 AM »

And when did Barry Allen permanently become a dweeb? This is supposed to be a different universe than the CW; but all they did was ape the nebbish Peter Parker aspect of Grant Gustin's written role. Ugh. Where's the guy who can be the lodestone for Superman and Batman's collective moral compass? Where's the hero that EVERYONE respected and mourned when he died in COIE? *sigh*

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 01:04:02 AM »

Newest Trailer WITH some spoilers, so beware!!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 04:58:28 PM »

And when did Barry Allen permanently become a dweeb? This is supposed to be a different universe than the CW; but all they did was ape the nebbish Peter Parker aspect of Grant Gustin's written role. Ugh. Where's the guy who can be the lodestone for Superman and Batman's collective moral compass? Where's the hero that EVERYONE respected and mourned when he died in COIE? *sigh*

Agreed.  I find myself wincing everytime Iron Flash appears on screen in each trailer I watch.  Like many, I have really come to like how Grant Gustin's Flash is written and portrayed.  And I'm aware that writers and actors associated with the film should feel free to put their own spin on the character and give us something different.

But wow... Ezra's Flash is just so irritating to me.  This film franchise desperately needs some levity, and Flash is just the character to provide it.  But like Jimmy said, give us the optimistic, hopeful heart of the group, not the dorkish bumbling sidekick / butt monkey. 

Flash should make us laugh, but not laugh at him.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 08:57:43 PM »

Undecided
I like this one a hell of a lot better than that dreadful CW "Love lost puppy" Flash. Bah, at least this flash has a scientist vibe to him instead of that cloyingly saccharine, high-school attitude crap.  Angry All Grant's Flash seems to do every other week is run as fast as he can to the nearest F'n Kleenex box for a tissue. Damn whiny little ... okay ... ahem ... I shall walk away from this discussion now
 Smiley

EDIT - Not meaning that Grant's Flash can't be enjoyed, of course, just that I can't seem to enjoy it.
 Smiley
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 11:51:37 PM by Perry » Logged

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 09:24:57 PM »

Not sure this is really spoiler material or not, but it looks like certain characters will be included after all (which really shouldn't be a surprise/spoiler I suppose) based on this article regarding some reshoots.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/justice-league-reshoots-1202502433/

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 07:58:50 PM »

http://www.cbr.com/kevin-conroy-ben-affleck-best-live-action-batman/

High praise indeed.  Cool

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 03:11:29 AM »

Agreed.  I find myself wincing everytime Iron Flash appears on screen in each trailer I watch.  Like many, I have really come to like how Grant Gustin's Flash is written and portrayed.  And I'm aware that writers and actors associated with the film should feel free to put their own spin on the character and give us something different.

But wow... Ezra's Flash is just so irritating to me.  This film franchise desperately needs some levity, and Flash is just the character to provide it.  But like Jimmy said, give us the optimistic, hopeful heart of the group, not the dorkish bumbling sidekick / butt monkey. 

Flash should make us laugh, but not laugh at him.

Hellz yeah to that, Iceman!

Also, the prolonged SDCC trailer, which showed Flash hanging around with Commisioner Jim Gordon...good gawd that suit looks even worse than I thought. Considering the Flash original design is one of the 3 greatest costumes ever (Him, Batman, and Spider-man; I don't even put Superman in the Top 3, I know truth Wink ), that armor look is stupid. Maybe...some how...it transitions even better on the big screen? We'll see.

I also think I'll be looking at Cyborg's armor all movie and just thinking it looks even more fake than Ryan Reynolds GL costume. Not sold on it AT ALL except as CGI nonsense.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2017, 02:50:48 AM »

Getting closer....hopefully I don't just keep thinking that entire thing was acted in front of blank green screens like The Phantom Menace, and the actors look continually lost pretending all this stuff is around them.

I'm thinking I may be partially right.

But at least I think I'm guaranteed an awesome Aquaman. Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2017, 01:12:19 PM »

I am still soooo hopeful that it isn't even funny.

Man, if this does crash ... it is ... well no .... I was going to say it may set the tone of avoidance for DC (and perhaps other comic movies) for years, but with Wonder Woman haven done so well, I think this could be another Suicide Squad and survive, causing DC no real damage other than a little pie on the face.

But if it is good, like it looks (and we all hope) this is going to set the bar really high!!! In a good way, I mean.
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 09:37:49 PM »

Reviews are positive, for the most part.

Seems to be not perfect, but hey, enjoyable and fun to watch!

Hope I can maybe see it Thursday even!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 08:02:56 PM »

has anyone seen this yet...i so want it to be good but so far all i'm hearing is its "OK"
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 12:02:12 PM »

Wondering the same.

Also hearing lots of mediocre responses so far. Not that it matters to my theater viewing  Cheesy Cheesy I will see this, good or bad, in about 2 to 3 months from now when it hits DVD or the Draft House.
  Cheesy

But I do hope that those that hit in on the big screen have a good time, and that seems to be a 50/50 chance
 Sad

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 06:49:30 PM »

I saw it. Surprisingly I quite enjoyed watching it. It's not our mediocre film it's not a bad film. I mean, it's not Hamlet, but for what happened between the two directors, I'm glad it turned out. I thoroughly just enjoyed watching the movie. I got a real long review coming on this later, but what I say is this and I hope you figure that it's meant to be up positive kind of? Remember the first Avengers movie? From when the characters had a fight a break up then they got all back together and fought the aliens for like an hour? That's essentially what this movie is. It's a popcorn movie
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 06:51:07 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS