HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:39:46 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - July 20, 2016  (Read 4380 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 18, 2016, 04:04:58 PM »

Added to Marvel Unlimited today:

Marvel Unlimited
New Avengers 5
Patsy Walker A.K.A. Hellcat 2
Star Wars 15
Star-Lord 3
Squadron Supreme 3
Ultimates 3
Uncanny Avengers 4

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 06:20:33 PM »

Shipping this week from DCBS:

Morning Glories #50
Jupiters Circle TP Vol 02
Saga TP Vol 06
Southern Bastards TP Vol 03 Homecoming

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 11:09:18 PM »

Morning Glories #50

This set hitting Ebay soon or are you holding? Don't you have all the floppies? If not ... well ... my question becomes ... well, not invalid, as you may still sell some as a set, but ... Oh never mind.
 Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 11:54:16 PM »

Morning Glories #50

This set hitting Ebay soon or are you holding? Don't you have all the floppies? If not ... well ... my question becomes ... well, not invalid, as you may still sell some as a set, but ... Oh never mind.
 Cheesy Cheesy

Floppies all went to eBay so this will too.  I have the Compendiums (autographed with an Eisna drawing on the first page of each) for my eternal collection.   Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 02:07:31 PM »

Picked up from Comixology today:

The Fix 1

Cheesy Cheesy Man I hope you dig this. It is a funny cop comic, and getting tons of praise, but ya never know. It will be a movie. No doubt about it. So if you don't enjoy this, maybe give the movie a try.
 Grin

Also, when that The Super-Man goes on sale, you should try that one. Really cool premise and looks really like it is gonna be a fun ride. Or wait until it is a 99 cent sale  Grin
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 08:24:35 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 12:44:29 PM »

Lol. I think you edited my post instead of replying.  It's the only way I can figure out how you posted under my name. (Plus my ComiXology list is gone.)   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 02:04:04 PM »

Lol. I think you edited my post instead of replying.  It's the only way I can figure out how you posted under my name. (Plus my ComiXology list is gone.)   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

DAMN IT !!! I damn sure did. It's the only thing that makes sense, you are right.
My bad, sir. Crap.
Head is just ... crap!!!
Sorry buddy
 Undecided Embarrassed
and you had your pics up and everything
 Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 06:42:58 PM »

DAMN IT !!! I damn sure did. It's the only thing that makes sense, you are right.
My bad, sir. Crap.
Head is just ... crap!!!
Sorry buddy
 Undecided Embarrassed
and you had your pics up and everything
 Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Ha Ha!  No worries, I know your brain fatigued right now.   Wink

Easy fix:

Comixology
Midnighter 12
Grayson 19
The Fix 1
Descender 12
Birthright 16
Superman 3
Justice League 1
Batman 3

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 06:44:21 PM »

Picked up from Comixology today:

The Fix 1

Cheesy Cheesy Man I hope you dig this. It is a funny cop comic, and getting tons of praise, but ya never know. It will be a movie. No doubt about it. So if you don't enjoy this, maybe give the movie a try.
 Grin

Also, when that The Super-Man goes on sale, you should try that one. Really cool premise and looks really like it is gonna be a fun ride. Or wait until it is a 99 cent sale  Grin

I'm looking forward to reading The Fix.  It sounds like something I'd like.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 03:11:12 PM »

Well, I've only spent $48 on comics in the last 2 months, which means I get to hit a big load from Instocktrades!

Avengers: Time Runs Out Oversize HC (collects all 4 tps of Time Runs Out; this is all the material right before Secret Wars. Not sure I'll get the stuff before TRO, as that dealt with Infinity, and well, I just didn't like that much at all).
Hellblazer v13 Haunt
Grell Green Arrow v5 Black Arrow
Justice League v8 Darkseid War part 1 (
Birthright v3

Ahh...satiated....but I'm really removed from my Valiant reading...need Bloodshot Reborn v3, Ninjak v3 (I know Perry, a bad one), Unity 7, and well, all X-O Manowar stuff!! But at least all my Marvel buying is near to a complete end. I'm only getting Mighty Thor from the All-New; Yet-Again, Visually-Different, Backed-Only-By-Events Marvel! comics. DC has pulled me back in with floppies. I just can't pay nearly full price for a digital copy as I can for the actual thing. I'm not there yet...give me another decade of aging. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 03:49:55 PM »

I just can't pay nearly full price for a digital copy as I can for the actual thing. I'm not there yet...give me another decade of aging. Wink

If your normally behind anyway the digital prices drop after a month or two.  That's what I normally try to do.  I get all my Image comics for $1.99 and DC for $1 off cover.  I'm getting some of the Rebirth at full price for right now just to see which ones I want going forward.  I'll soon be back to waiting a little bit on those as well.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 08:56:13 PM »

Yeah, It is hard paying full price for digital, why I, like Jeff, tend not to do it. The "correct" cost of digital is in the later sales, for sure, as if they did that from day one I have a feeling shops would get killed. I know that the sales of digital only account for "10% of total sales", but that is also at the current high, full price rate. Tell me how those discounted sales are why don't ya Marvel/DC?
 Cheesy

That said, it is also nice not having to worry about reselling the darn things. Thus the fear of accidental damage is totally eliminated, so that is nice. Plus, with a nice tablet, you get the comic feel ... or at least I do, though I may step up to a 12" tablet soon, my 10" tablet works just fine. I still don't know how Jeff uses his phone ... regardless of which room he is in, "library" or no.
 Wink

I am getting closer and closer to signing up with MU though, it does just make sense to do so. My life, and fuel economy, sure would be better if DC, IDW and Dark Horse would also have an "MU"
 Cheesy
Image is a trickier beast with creator owned and all, but if I just had to wait a month for $2 Image books and get all the rest from the "Ultimate catalog" source ... man, how sweet it would be.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS