HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:16:48 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So... I have a comic coming out.  (Read 28997 times)
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« on: July 05, 2016, 09:58:54 PM »

Maybe I should've posted this in the Indie Comics section. Hope this is okay.

I've written this one-shot digital comic coming out July, 27th. Although... given how the service is with small publishers it might be August, 10th.

Regardless, it's coming out through Crown Taker Studios. It'll hit Google Play, iTunes/iBooks, Amazon (Kindle), digital library vendors (Overdrive, Ingram Micro, 3M), UK & other foreign digital retailers.

Comixology is a little picky with indie books, but we're still hoping to be there too.

I'll be back later to give info - you know like names and what's it about and the art and all that crap.   Grin

Until then I'll be one of those annoying creators who's all like, "It's big! BIG! Can't talk about it! Wish I could, BUT I CAN'T!!!!! SO HUGE!"
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 12:34:53 AM »

Great Tok!!  I look forward to checking it out!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 06:20:55 PM »

Fantastic news, my man.

Will keep my eyes open for it !!!

Best of luck !!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 03:48:03 AM »

Congrats...that's quite an achievement,  best of luck

now all us wannabe artist/writers can live vicariously thru you Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 10:12:11 PM »

I will buy this.

And measure it against my favorite short story of yours; that one you did with Spider-man and Shocker and the inadvertent kiss.  Cool

I had all you stories on a computer of mine, but I lost all that memory...and I lost your stories too. Sad

I so enjoyed those writings, Tok.

Jimmy T since 2001
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 12:57:16 AM »

Thanks so much for the support, guys. I'll try to post some pages in the coming days. Hope you'll enjoy it. It does mean a lot. Sincerely. 

I will buy this.

And measure it against my favorite short story of yours; that one you did with Spider-man and Shocker and the inadvertent kiss.  Cool

I had all you stories on a computer of mine, but I lost all that memory...and I lost your stories too. Sad

I so enjoyed those writings, Tok.

I cannot believe you remember any of that!!!!  Shocked

That's incredible! Thank you so much. I still have them on my old computer.

After doing 11 Spidey fan-fics I burnt out in the middle of doing a 12th one. Plus, I was writing my own things much more. Not to mention, I started submitting scripts to Marvel for that Spider-Man Unlimited book in the mid-2000s. It was that 2 story anthology. I probably wrote between 12 and 15 of those.

I wrote like 3 Shocker stories... none involved a Spidey lip-lock, but they weren't bad.  Grin

And thanks for buying that comic I did at that Chicago Wizard Con years ago too. It's still appreciated.
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 06:48:44 PM »

"Boy likes girl. Girl gets into trouble. Boy makes the bodies fall.
A love struck teenager becomes the hero no one asked for - especially the girl. In this stylish 80’s noir/action/drama we see how a one-way obsession creates a world of bullet flying hurt."

Art by: Bruno Oliveira
Logo by: Justin Stewart
---------------

Up top is the cover and below is the official synopsis.

It was written before the recent rash of shootings in the US and abroad. Not to mention there is a shootout scene in a nightclub.

The script was written over a full year ago and the art was finished late 2015. Way before the horrendous nightclub shooting in Orlando, FL.

I don't say any of this to be like, "Oh whoa is me, real-life tragedies will hurt my comic." I'm far from a victim here.

I just hope folks realize how long it takes to make a comic - either indie or even Big Two - and know I'm not trying to exploit anything.

Sorry, had to throw out that rant sometime.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 06:51:05 PM by Tokyo Vigilante #1 » Logged
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 07:22:03 PM »

Finally got word yesterday, we're looking at a 8/17 release date.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 07:32:01 PM »

Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 09:59:24 PM »

Finally got word yesterday, we're looking at a 8/17 release date.

Sweet!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 11:05:19 PM »

I've gotten busy with life and forgot to post this:

http://www.crowntakerstudios.com/comics/dont-save-the-girl/

Still not on Comixology, but you can get it through other platforms on this link.

Thanks, everyone.
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 02:46:54 AM »

After literally months of more confusion than I can explain...

Don't Save the Girl - as of 2/22 - is on Comixology.

https://www.comixology.com/Dont-Save-The-Girl/digital-comic/469931
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 03:09:15 AM »

After literally months of more confusion than I can explain...

Don't Save the Girl - as of 2/22 - is on Comixology.

https://www.comixology.com/Dont-Save-The-Girl/digital-comic/469931

Sweet! I just added it to my books.  Looking forward to reading it!

Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 03:34:22 AM »

My sincere thanks, Jeff! Hope you like it.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2017, 10:29:18 PM »

I finished "Don't Save the Girl" last night.  Nice book Tok!  I really felt for the protagonist in the end. 

I initially thought...
Man - I thought he was an idiot for falling for that girl.  That's seriously messed up!  He really shouldn't have wasted his life trying to save THAT girl!

Anything else you working on?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS