HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:57:53 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - June 22, 2016  (Read 3805 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 18, 2016, 03:02:48 PM »

Trying to get a jump on this
 Grin

The following books are the ones I will be interesting in buying, borrowing or Byrne'ing (with store owners consent Wink) for this coming Wednesday:

DC -
Action Comics #958
Aquaman #1 (giving it one more chance)
Detective Comics #935
Flash #1
Wonder Woman #1

Marvel -
Civil War: Choosing Sides #1
Dr. Strange #9
Nighthawk #2 (to see if it is a keeper)
Power-Man & Iron Fist #5
Thor #8
Ultimates #8

Other -
Autumnlands #1 (the ONLY Image book for me this week !?!?!  Shocked)
007 James Bond
Divinity II #3
Rai #14 (I still have yet to read the first issue of this Sad)

May also flip through the Star Wars Force Awakens adaption, just to see the art
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 06:24:38 PM »

Added to MU from today's release:

Angela: Queen of Hel #3
Darth Vader #14
Extraordinary X-Men #4
Mighty Thor #2
Squadron Supreme #1
Uncanny Inhumans #3
Weirdworld #1

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 04:44:31 PM »

Weirdworld #1

Try to give yourself two issue of this before you decide. The first issue didn't hit for me, but as I had the second I went ahead and read it and that second issue did change the book for me. Not a must read title, but a pretty strange one in an odd way. The title only lasted 5 or 6 issues, sadly, but it was a quirky little book that I enjoyed. While you may end up hating it, and that's cool  Grin, I hope it hits for you the same as it did for me. A different kind of comic. "Weird" in fact.
 Wink Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 07:23:23 PM »

Oh wow.  Well, I can certainly make it through six issues.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 12:39:57 AM »

Comixology purchases today:

Flash 51
Flash 52
Earth 2 Society 11
Justice League 52
Rebirth: Wonder Woman 1
Rebirth: Flash 1
Rebirth: Detective Comics 935

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 02:41:17 PM »

Not buying Action? Just wondering.  Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 11:18:44 PM »

Nah. Not interested in that book. Don't ask me why but I guess getting one Superman book is enough for me.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 01:46:07 AM »

Nah. Not interested in that book. Don't ask me why but I guess getting one Superman book is enough for me.

I get ya. I'm trying to like Supes so I am trying everything I can to see if something hooks me.

Not sure why I do this, put myself through all this just in the hopes of liking something (See Arrow Season 1 and 2 remarks  Cheesy) but I guess sooner or later something has to hit, right?

Right?
 Undecided

(So far I am hopeful with both titles this time around)
 Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS