HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 09:11:26 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader - June 15, 2016  (Read 4495 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 15, 2016, 04:17:19 PM »

Here's what I'm planning to read this week:

TRADES
Unity TPB Vol 2 Trapped by Webnet - Lookiing forward to reading these.  I love the Valiant universe.
Unity TPB Vol 4 The United
Unity TPB Vol 5 Homefront

FLOPPIES
Justice League 50 - Finally!  Last floppy of this and starting it up on digital as you will see below.
Civil War II  #0 FANEXPO - Got this at FanExpo two weeks ago.  Came in my goodie bag for free!

Marvel Unlimited - wrapping up Dec 2014
Star Wars 1 - Gonna catch up on all the Star Wars stuff this month
Star Wars 2
Star Wars 3
Star Wars 4
Star Wars 5
Star Wars 6
Star Wars 7
Star Wars 8
Star Wars 9
Star Wars 10
Star Wars 11
Star Wars 12

Comixology
Grayson #18 - Love this title - I'm gonna miss it after Rebirth.
Midnighter #11 - Mixed feelings on this series.  Love the intrigue, writing, and art.  Hate sex scenes for the sake of being provacative.   Roll Eyes
Civil War II (2016 Marvel) FCBD #1 - something tells me between this and the zero issue I'll be buying this series.
Justice League #51 - heard you have to read this b4 Titans: Rebirth.  Will be at the top of my stack this week!
Titans: Rebirth #1 - THE COMIC I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR.  Going to kill me waiting for that damn JL 50 to get here b4 I read this.
Batman #1 - Rebirth issue sold me.  Let's see if it stands up to the expectation.
Superman #1 - Rebirth issue peeked my interest.  Let's see how this goes....
The Walking Dead #153 - There's so much going on in comic land right now that I forget about this title.  Shame on me!
The Walking Dead #154 - At least I have two issues queued up to read!

Justice League 50 also has the distinction of being literally my LAST pre-ordered Floppy comic.  I still have some Trades on order I'm waiting on delivery of when they publish.

But as far as floppies go - I AM NOW 100% DIGITAL!    Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:20:08 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 09:35:01 PM »

Comixology
Grayson #18
Midnighter #11

Civil War II (2016 Marvel) FCBD #1
Justice League #51
Titans: Rebirth #1
Batman #1
Superman #1

The Walking Dead #153
The Walking Dead #154

WOW!  Superman #1 - I LOVE reading Superman again!!!
Grayson 18 - Great issue.  I see this is coming to a nice clean conclusion.
Midnighter 11 - Also great issue.  Also coming to a nice completion.
Batman #1 - Jury is still out.  Not bad but not sure it's going to hold my interest yet.  Worthy of a couple of more issues as this seems to be a setup issue with not much punch.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 02:17:05 AM »

Jeff, I just want to 'Like' your post!! Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 06:10:25 PM »

Pretty good progress but I'll have to do a lot of reading this weekend if I want to make it!   Grin

TRADES
Unity TPB Vol 2 Trapped by Webnet

FLOPPIES
Justice League 50
Civil War II  #0 FANEXPO Variant

Star Wars 2
Star Wars 3
Star Wars 4
Star Wars 5
Star Wars 6
Star Wars 7
Star Wars 8
Star Wars 9
Star Wars 10
Star Wars 11
Star Wars 12

Comixology
Grayson #18
Midnighter #11

Justice League #51
Batman #1
Superman #1
The Walking Dead #153
The Walking Dead #154

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 02:38:13 PM »

TRADES

No vol 3 ??

FLOPPIES

Whadya think?

Still not read this yet? Come on man!!
 Grin
Feel my disappointment
 Cheesy Cheesy
(Or maybe you will like it much more than I did)
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 08:58:18 PM »

TRADES

No vol 3 ??

That was part of the Armor Hunters crossover which I bought in floppy when it came out.

FLOPPIES
Civil War II  #0 FANEXPO Variant

Whadya think?

I liked it and I would go ahead and pick it up EXCEPT for that insane price for each issue.  That's $36.00 for 7 comics.  Seems pricey when I basically get them as part of MU. 

Still not read this yet? Come on man!!
 Grin
Feel my disappointment
 Cheesy Cheesy
(Or maybe you will like it much more than I did)
 Smiley

Just got DCBS shipment in yesterday. On the docket for today is Justice League 50 & 51 and then Titans.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 11:39:08 PM »

Comixology
Grayson #18
Midnighter #11
Justice League #51
Batman #1
Superman #1
The Walking Dead #153
The Walking Dead #154

FLOPPIES
Justice League 50

TRADES

Star Wars 2
Star Wars 3
Star Wars 4
Star Wars 5
Star Wars 6
Star Wars 7
Star Wars 8
Star Wars 9
Star Wars 10
Star Wars 11
Star Wars 12

When I read Justice League 51 I thought "Uh oh.  This doesn't bode well for the Titans." Since Abnett wrote it.  Fortunately, Titans: Rebirth was a better read.  It is basically a setup issue but I'm glad to get the monkey in the room out of the way.  Still not sure if Abnett is going to be able to pull off meeting my expectations but I'm looking forward to the first arc.  I hope it doesn't suck.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 12:50:21 AM »

I liked it and I would go ahead and pick it up EXCEPT for that insane price for each issue.  That's $36.00 for 7 comics. 

GOOD LORD !!! I had no idea they were that much !!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

I don't blame ya, brotha. No way I pay ... for that
ridiculous.
 Roll Eyes

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 03:42:07 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Star Wars 1
Star Wars 2
Star Wars 3
Star Wars 4
Star Wars 5
Star Wars 6
Star Wars 7
Star Wars 8
Star Wars 9
Star Wars 10
Star Wars 11
Star Wars 12

TRADES

Down to my last two trades for the week.  Star Wars was much better than I remember when I only read the first couple of issues. I rather enjoyed these first 12 issues.  Next week I'm going to catch up on the Darth Vader issues.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 04:23:09 PM »

Star Wars was much better than I remember when I only read the first couple of issues. I rather enjoyed these first 12 issues.  Next week I'm going to catch up on the Darth Vader issues.

You liked SW you should really like Vader !!! (Well, I imagine at least)  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 04:54:43 PM »

Didn't really have a list planned for this week, but here are a few more books that I read that I haven't already talked about somewhere around here.  Grin
Books that I just read as the mood hits. I was able to get through:

Black Widow #4
Civil War II: X-Men #1
International Iron Man #4
Invincible Iron Man #10
Squadron Supreme #8
Uncanny X-Men #7
Uncanny X-Men #8

Yeah, a Marvel catch-up week
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2016, 07:22:25 PM »

Star Wars was much better than I remember when I only read the first couple of issues. I rather enjoyed these first 12 issues.  Next week I'm going to catch up on the Darth Vader issues.

You liked SW you should really like Vader !!! (Well, I imagine at least)  Grin

I read the first four issues in floppy before switching to MU.  Gonna go ahead and re-read them since it has been so long.  I remember liking Vader the best of the SW comics I read before making the switch.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS