HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:28:02 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TITANS - REBIRTH  (Read 24695 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 15, 2016, 12:34:03 AM »

Titans Rebirth #1

I just heard that we should read Justice League #51, also out tomorrow, before reading this issue.

I am not sure how much importance there is to that, but I was told the last page has a reveal that ... I don't know ... something.
 Grin
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:14:52 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 03:01:34 AM »

Thanks for the heads up.  My JL issue 50 arrives Friday and 51 is supposed to be my first digital issue.  As much as it pains me to wait to read Titans I will try.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 05:49:51 PM »

Okay, Looks like I now have to get the back side of my hand sore from slapping the hell out of a certain person that told me I "need to read Justice League #52 before reading the Titans Rebirth issue".

There was a nice end to the issue that is nice/sweet for Titans fans, and an interesting idea for the future, but ... no ... this was not necessary at all as far as I can see. Of course maybe after I read the Titans Rebirth issue I will think differently, but ...
Yeah.

*warming up my backhand*

Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 06:27:10 PM »

Hmmmmmm.  In that case........

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 11:46:49 PM »

It was ... okay. Typical Rebirth or sero issue. Nothing really here at all.

Really saddened. Between the hype around Justice League I was expecting, of which I received jack shit, and this issue being what it was (or wasn't) well, I will just put my eyes towards issue one and step quietly away from this weeks Titans offering.

4 outta 10 shouts of "I miss Wally in the yellow costume!!!"
 Undecided

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 03:21:20 AM »

It was ... okay. Typical Rebirth or sero issue. Nothing really here at all.

Really saddened. Between the hype around Justice League I was expecting, of which I received jack shit, and this issue being what it was (or wasn't) well, I will just put my eyes towards issue one and step quietly away from this weeks Titans offering.

4 outta 10 shouts of "I miss Wally in the yellow costume!!!"
 Undecided

Damn.   Undecided

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 12:53:14 PM »

As this is my first Rebirth thread, but I've read most of my Rebirth issues, I would say that the Rebirth issue is nearly a typical introductory new-status-quo type issue.

Were other issues done better? Yes.

But other issues didn't have to deal with Wally coming back or resetting the Titans current story either.

But at least Wally is amongst friends again! Not sure of his costume. Flashes are so much better without convuluted costumes, and those seam lines for seam lines sake bug the utter piss out of me. I wish Barry's were gone! ! !, but alas, Rebirth doesn't fix everything it seems.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 02:02:42 PM »

I liked it better be Han Perry did.  My expectations were low though based on Abnetts Justice League 51 story.  I see potential here and am hoping it trends upward.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 04:20:36 PM »

I liked it better be Han Perry did. 

Going back over some of my typos (rushing mistakes / drug induced spelling errors / wrong past/present tense) that I have seen myself make over the past three weeks in-particular ... with such phrases as

I guys I mean to say that I get the reasoning behind ...

it is nice to see I am not alone. Yeah, not "I guess I mean to say", but "I GUYS I mean to say". Man, I have seen a lot of that kinda writing from me lately. Not sure what is going on with that!
 Undecided

But anyway, yes, you liked it "better be Han Perry"

Grin Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 05:29:54 PM »

I liked it better be Han Perry did. 

Going back over some of my typos (rushing mistakes / drug induced spelling errors / wrong past/present tense) that I have seen myself make over the past three weeks in-particular ... with such phrases as

I guys I mean to say that I get the reasoning behind ...

it is nice to see I am not alone. Yeah, not "I guess I mean to say", but "I GUYS I mean to say". Man, I have seen a lot of that kinda writing from me lately. Not sure what is going on with that!
 Undecided

But anyway, yes, you liked it "better be Han Perry"

Grin Grin

Damn iPad autocorrect!  That's what I'm sticking with.

Should have been "I liked it better THAN Perry did."!!!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 02:04:30 AM »

Issue 1

...was okay. I have a hankering to fill out my bookshelves with the Wolfman/Perez Titans trades that have all been re-released. That may help me become enamored of this group. I'm here for Wally, more than anything. Well, watching Wally and Dick together.

I wonder, for Titans lovers; is it hard or sad to not see Cyborg here?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 01:06:33 PM »

Absolutely. Both hard and sad, in a way. I know the other non-New Teen Titans members from the actual Teen Titans early days but I don't KNOW them because I have not read too many of those older TT issues. But I understand that DC is taking this back to the old days. I mean I miss and it is both hard and sad not to see Garth, Kory and Raven along side the rest of the NEW Teen Titans crew, but this isn't about that crew, sadly.
 Undecided

I still don't like Cyborg in the JL. And while I understand the reasoning by DC, I still see him as part of the "Titans" core and don't really like him away from that. But honestly, I think the main reason for my distaste is the way DC has made this cyborg so damn powerful. I miss the arm cannon add-on ability and computer connectivity aspects of Cyborg, but this uber powerful, transport ability Cyborg is just not the character I know. Too damn powerful. It is like they gave Batman the ability to fly. Just totally ruining the character in my eyes.

But I will live
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2016, 06:24:55 PM »

I agree with you guys.  I'm not a 70's Teen Titans guy, I'm an 80's Titans guy.  I'm sure I'll live but I was hoping for the Wolfman/Perez characters here.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 12:11:29 PM »

Yes!!! And we got Lilith in trade (which sucks).
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 12:51:13 AM »

Through Titans #3

Dammit Perry, now it's all I see~

Booth's damned panelling.

Now, I saw it before, and mostly could ignore it. Sometimes it showed great speed of movement of action, leading the eye, or bringing chaos to a scene and page to really make it blow up.

But the shattering of panels falling away during EVERY discussion just wore me down. Ugh.

I'm...okay with liking this title. Glad it's not twice monthly. But I really want to like it as it has some young classic figures back together ~and WALLY trying to fix the world! I want to see him fix the world!!!

Go, Wally GO!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS