HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:56:15 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader June 8, 2016  (Read 10170 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2016, 12:22:37 AM »

Stayed home sick today so I got some reading done between sleeping.

TRADES
Imperium Vol 1 Collecting Monsters
Birthright Vol 3 Allies & Enemies

Marvel Unlimited - wrapping up Dec 2014
Spider-Woman 1
Angela 1
Iron Fist the Living Weapon7
Thor 3
All New X-Men 34
Avengers Now!
Spider-Woman 2
All New Invaders 13
All New X-Men Annual 1
Cyclops 8
Magneto 13
Angela 2

Comixology
Aquaman Rebirth 1
Detective Comics  934
Flash Rebirth 1
Wonder Woman Rebirth 1
Midnighter 10
Earth 2 Society 10
ROM FCBD 1
Micronauts 1

Didn't get threw much this weekend but did finish Micronauts 1 and the Birthright TPB.  Nice cliff hanger in Birthright TPB. Now I can start picking it up in digital.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2016, 12:55:15 PM »

Added a couple more and got sidetracked, hopefully temporarily  Grin
I did get through Hercules #7 ... oh, excuse me, I mean "Civil War: Gods of War #1" before getting sidetracked. Which did the lovely thing of being a tie-in book by only having one page actually be about this new Civil War ... in a way ... but for these two very important things, I didn't mind they did that at all -
1 - I was already reading Hercules anyway, so this continuation was nice, even if it is a different title
2 - While they only used the backdrop of what happened in issue 1 (or was it issue 0?) as the way to label this a tie-in title to Civil War II, it did piggyback an emotional element that Herc was going through, so it all really did tie this book into a tighter story.

Not saying this book (or the past title) will knock your socks off, it won't come close, but as a Herc fan I liked the title enough that I was glad to see its story continue here and the tie-in, that would have normally bugged me (and one reason why I stopped buying 'tie-in titles' years ago), did all work for the best with Herc.

Okay updated -

Karnak #1
Karnak #2
Karnak #3
Karnak #4
Dark Souls #2
Black Road #2
Dept.H #2

Detective Comics 934
Action Comics 957
Rebirth: Aquaman #1
Rebirth: Flash #1

Rebirth: Wonder Woman #1
All New X-Men #10
Civil War #1 - from last week
Civil War - Gods of War #1
Civil War - Amazing Spider-Man #1 - I hate the "FLASH'ing" of Spidey's suit. This blue light/aura around the spider.  Angry
Empress #1
Empress #2
Empress #3
- Done with this until the whole thing is completed and I hear the results. It is just "okay"
Poe Dameron #2
Poe Dameron #3
Renalto Jones the 1% #2
Injection #10

Punisher #1
Punisher #2
- Hoily cow. You guys remember how awesome that Punisher MAX series was? When Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon went balls out with the character? I'm not a huge Steve Dillon fan to begin with, but there is something about the way he draws Frank and all his exploits that just gets me going. Well looks like we have that again. Even though this time we have Cloonan writing, we do get Dillon back and man, this book is brutal!!!
 Cheesy Cheesy
I think I like Dillon on Punisher because when it comes to the violence, he makes it so damn clear. Hahaha. I know that sounds bad, but I don't know, I just like it. I am one that also likes weird ass art and most times the clear look like Dillons does nothing for me, but man I just do so love Dillon on Punisher.

And you want to see some truth? Well If you click the link and read what is under the bar code, HERE

Ha, you will find truth. Those are some true words if ever truth were spoken. No-way should kids read THIS Punisher, and isn't that the way it should be?
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:28:34 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2016, 02:28:34 PM »

I am one that also likes weird ass art ...

I prefer landscape and archetecture art.  Or even things by Matisse.  But hey, who am I to judge?

Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2016, 02:42:20 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy

Oh yeah, nothing like an interpretation of butts to get me going  Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2016, 08:23:32 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy

Oh yeah, nothing like an interpretation of butts to get me going  Cheesy Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2016, 08:24:38 PM »

Doesn't look like I'm going to get to my MU list this week.  I'm actually thinking I'll change it out anyway and catch up on all the Star Wars titles since they aren't dependent on other Marvel titles.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2016, 01:25:44 PM »

Between Punisher 1 & 2 and a few Bloodshot issues, I doubt I will make my reading list this week either. Though I may try and get both Renalto Jones and The Fix #3 (which I forgot about) in before tomorrow.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2016, 05:48:51 PM »

I did finish Imperium Vol 1.  Great book.  I really enjoyed this first arc.  Interesting that both sides of this struggle are equally deplorable.

TRADES
Imperium Vol 1 Collecting Monsters
Birthright Vol 3 Allies & Enemies

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2016, 10:31:35 PM »

I did finish Imperium Vol 1.  Great book.  I really enjoyed this first arc.  Interesting that both sides of this struggle are equally deplorable.

Yes, it is a really cool book. I need to catch up, as I haven't read the last 4, but I have always enjoyed it. Especially the robot.
 Grin

Now if I can just get through this Ninjak - Operation Deadside arc. Ugh. I love Ninjak, but this arc is just not fun at all. Can't wait for this to be over. I have two more issues and I may just skip to the last page to see if it sets up the next arc and bypass all the rest of this.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS