HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:34:17 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SUPERMAN - REBIRTH  (Read 22870 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2017, 01:58:01 AM »

I ready a 'review' at BC where the reviewer thought it very morbid about Superman returning the dead soldier skeleton to leave on a picnic table. Even after reading it, I wasn't indignantly irritated as the reviewer was. Not sure if I was as sold as the return method, but I overall did love this story. I love being reminded of patriotism. Not just Ameridcan history, but of patriotism to the country. So, I'm glad for reading this

A fill in writer by Keith Champagne (hwho's name I haven't seen by the Big 2 in some time!) takes on a big spoiler invovling Parallax, and Sinestro?! He's believed dead in GL books, and he appears in a fill-in writer's tale? Damn, that's ballsy! But also, a good adventure story that I really enjoyed reading the entire time

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2017, 01:38:33 PM »

I skimmed through issue #29, Jimmy. And while this isn't really a spoiler, it is in a way so ...
We are different in out opinions here.  Cheesy I picked the wrong time to try and make room for this title again. Grin Me no likey this. But again I didn't "read" the entire thing, just a few panels here and there, so that may have damned my opinion of it.  Cheesy
Still, I will try again next month when the A-Team returns as I do find myself missing ... The Red & Blue Cheese (Dr. Sivana)
 Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2017, 12:56:04 AM »

Well, I wouldn't call it Shakespeare, but for an adventure tale, I get it. I'm not sure I care for the cliffhanger rising action of the issue, but I certainly liked the pairing with this villain and Supes.

No apologies needed here; all tastes may vary. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2017, 12:41:31 AM »

Still enjoyed #30. Fun to watch an utterly fearless Sinestro across from the utterly invulnerable Superman. Fun pairing!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2017, 01:35:15 AM »

So Jimmy, how much did you jump up and down with glee when the news hit that Bendis will indeed be taking over Superman here in a couple months?
 Wink

At least Reis is coming on with the art ... something that apparently punches Geoff Johns in the balls?

Good news is it can't be as bad as Walking Across the US Superman from back in the day.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2017, 01:40:51 AM »

That JMS Superman arc, coupled with his 90's chick Wonder Woman, is more or less what drove him away from being liked in comics.

YEah...Bendis...Superman...unless he can truly write his love for the character, and have it come across without so much public recrimination....

Then again, if he writes Superman like, say, Luke Cage, we, meaning ME, could be in an okay place!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2017, 01:42:38 AM »

Single character.  He should do great on Supes.

Although I’m not sure I’m ready for an alcoholic reporter investigating the streets of Metropolis after having his mind taken over by the purple man.....oh wait a minute....
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 01:45:08 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2017, 12:45:00 PM »

Then again, if he writes Superman like, say, Luke Cage, we, meaning ME, could be in an okay place!!

Grin
Very true. And I think our buddy Jeff nailed it ...

Single character.  He should do great on Supes.

Totally agree. Give him more than three main characters (or four in the case of Defenders  Grin) and Bendis just implodes. He really writes the shit of of titles that showcase just one or two characters. I know I look forward to reading this, although I have never seen Bendis write someone with that ... man I hate to use this overused and not really accurate term, but ... boyscout attitude, so that worries me, but maybe, just maybe, it could be his best yet!!!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS