HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:33:05 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WONDER WOMAN - REBIRTH  (Read 24288 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2017, 03:28:11 PM »

Looks like James Robinson takes over with issue #31.   What do you think about that?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2017, 02:02:20 AM »

..4 more issues, is what I think.

Do I?

There's a part where I feel bad for my LCS, since they order 3 months ahead of time and save me copies. I mean, I can read it. Not that I love it. But man....4 more issues. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2017, 09:36:18 AM »

I know Robinson is getting a lack of online flack (but who isn't these days in this era of "butt-hurt'dom"?) for his, or the editors, idea to make the story about
Diana's brother.

Enough to get me back on? Maybe, but I have been battling that point with myself for awhile. Depends on the art I think
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2017, 12:43:43 AM »

The last issue of this arc made me question this, and I think the comic got it wrong:

This gov't project got Diana to sit down and force a hypodermic needle into her.

Um...she's bulletproof. She's nigh undestructible. The Bracers allow her to deflect at her choosing. consider who she fights and what damage she takes, there's no way a needle breaks the skin. Then again, the matter of her invulnerability seems to fluctuate based on the instances.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2017, 03:06:16 AM »

Diana's Brother:

I HATE THIS.

I hate that this happened. HATE HATE HETE it. I mean, okay take away her clay birth, make her an actual child of sex of Zeus and 'lyta, but throw in a twin to that story too? UGH. Nope!! Hate it!!! Even discussing it with the wife, who is getting her Master's degree in English and literature thinks it's a dumb idea.

I don't find it good that to make Diana interesting they bring in a twin? That's so damned dumb of them, I think.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 11:03:19 AM »

James Robinson has just not been the same for years. His "biopicomic" aside (Airboy), which I loved, he has been fighting to garner the same "OOOoomph" in my eyes he once had. Not sure why. It all can't be from his marriage break-up a couple years ago ... but .... maybe ...
 Embarrassed
Hope he recovers. His Starman was so good.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2018, 12:19:50 PM »

Diana's Brother:

I HATE THIS.

I hate that this happened. HATE HATE HETE it. I mean, okay take away her clay birth, make her an actual child of sex of Zeus and 'lyta, but throw in a twin to that story too? UGH. Nope!! Hate it!!! Even discussing it with the wife, who is getting her Master's degree in English and literature thinks it's a dumb idea.

I don't find it good that to make Diana interesting they bring in a twin? That's so damned dumb of them, I think.

Just picked up issue #38 and wondered who/how Diana had a brother. He's lame character that needs either killed off or retconned out of existence. But I am LOVING this version of Silver Swan!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:22:16 PM by Gay Titan » Logged
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2018, 04:08:20 AM »

Diana's Brother:

I HATE THIS.

Just picked up issue #38 and wondered who/how Diana had a brother. He's lame character that needs either killed off or retconned out of existence. But I am LOVING this version of Silver Swan!

The retcon cannot happen fast enough for me.

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2018, 01:21:07 AM »

Was anyone else happy he disappeared at the end of the latest issue?
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2018, 03:38:21 AM »

Gahk. This is junk.

What the hell Robinson? When did you become such a terrible writer?

Or did you inherit a terrible idea- A TERRIBLE IDEA OF A STORY - for Wonder Woman to have a twin brother?

There is still nothing good about the brother Jason or his involvement. Somebody Crisis this idea out and away as fast as possible. Bring Rucka back and fix this already again and fast!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS