HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:26:02 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AQUAMAN - REBIRTH  (Read 29706 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2017, 08:47:52 PM »

Aquaman #25

Guys, go get this book. Truly a wonder to behold. Stjepan Sejic makes the underwater world of Atlantis freaking glow with colors (as yes, he does the pencils, ink and colors!!!!!) and Atlantis comes alive with truly great structure presented by this fantastic artist.
This is a new start, but it does continue on Aquaman's latest exploits that has been happening in the book, but it is also a great jumping on point as all you need to know is ... well ... let's just say Arthur has been deposed (I guess you should try and find issue #24 to see the last few pages before reading this, but read this you must. YOU MUST!!!

I've been reading this Aquaman for awhile, but having this artist on the title has popped this book out of the land of "it's okay" and blasted it into the stratosphere of "Now THAT is a comic!". Even Abnett's writing seems so much better now. Really, it does. You just have to gaze upon this issue.

A must buy

9 outta 10 - wonderments of the sea
 Smiley
(buy issue #24 with this #25 and enjoy ... enjoy to the fullest)

EDIT, for Jeff ... and others
 Cheesy
Buy #24 for $3 HERE and buy #25 HERE (for a little more, but so worth it)
 Wink Cheesy Grin
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 09:00:30 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2017, 11:30:03 PM »

Lol.

I think I'm being challenged. I accept!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2017, 09:41:37 AM »

Grin
Well only when you have time and money to spare  Wink

This isn't a life changing book, it is still Aquaman after all Cheesy Cheesy But if you are ever in the mood for Aquaman, issue #25 (and possibly #24 to get you caught up) is the way to go.

You shouldn't make room for it, but more keep it in mind
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2017, 06:42:36 PM »

Where was this writing the last 10 issues? Where was this Abnett, who here took his time to lay out a realm, and it's mythology and life, instead of just cramming stuff in, and making it all about yelling hokey things at the king? Issue 24 actually was pretty good, which did come after a decent #23, but I'm happy to see how everything seemed to slow up a bit here, and take it's time to breath and do something well with it.

I cannot remember how to spell Slujvedic's name (I'll get there!), but damn, I'm immensely impressed with how everything came off in this issue!!

Loved to see
the name Orin returned!! I'm still of the mind that PAD's Atlantis Chronicles can come back into canon,
 and that Arthur is truly the blonde haired descendant of those major kings of Atlantis instead of this hybrid son of both worlds!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2017, 07:20:38 PM »

Where was this writing the last 10 issues? Where was this Abnett ...

I KNOW !!!!

And yes, I also enjoyed both #23 and #24, but you're correct, this was just something else. On another level. Almost like the goods f ... dare I say it ... Abnett AND Lanning!!!!
 Cheesy

I cannot remember how to spell Slujvedic's name (I'll get there!), but damn, I'm immensely impressed with how everything came off in this issue!!

Cheesy and don't forget Sejic (his last name, the easier name to spell and remember  Cheesy) also inked and colored this issue. A true artist rendition

Loved to see
the name Orin returned!! I'm still of the mind that PAD's Atlantis Chronicles can come back into canon,
 and that Arthur is truly the blonde haired descendant of those major kings of Atlantis instead of this hybrid son of both worlds!

I am not fimlliar with it, but glad it made you happy
 Grin Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2017, 10:44:11 PM »

I picked up issues 24 & 25 as challenged aaaaaaaand........

I liked it!  Both story and art.  I'm adding this to my Wish List and will get at least this arc. If it stays this good I'll likely be on board for awhile.   Smiley

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2017, 01:15:20 AM »

Nice!!! Hope this lasts for a good bit.

Issue #26's cover with Mera was out of freakin' sight!!! Gorgeous. Certainly a cover of the week (Which I am thinking about starting here)

The story was also tight, continuing our adventure of a on the run king and his beloved. Getting more Dolphin and Vulko now. Me likey. Though I hope that Abnett doesn't make the Dolphin/Arthur connection. I like Mera, want her to stay, let's not screw with that, okay?

EDIT - THIS is the cover that blew me away!!!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 01:17:31 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2017, 01:32:00 AM »

I agree. That cover is amazing!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2017, 05:16:30 PM »

Issues 26 & 27

The art in these issues is amazing.  And Abnett's story is compelling as well.

Issue 26
I love Mera's attack on the Crown of Thorns.  Some great art and story ramifications.  Dolphin's light powers.
  All great stuff.

Issue 27
And the story continues to punch.  Arthur having to expose his identity to save Dolphin.  Mera and Garth together.
  Can't wait until they break through that barrier - they have to eventually right?

Yep - totally on board this series for awhile.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2018, 01:22:40 AM »

Not enjoying the current arc and art for Aquaman but the new Mera mini is off to a GREAT start.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2018, 03:33:56 AM »

Being so behind, then reading the last 4 issues interspersingly to catch up, I'm actually on board with how this continually is developing and moving forward. I'm really onboard with this still, and honestly, I don't have complaints either. Especially with not how things have changed so for Rath!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2018, 07:48:24 PM »

Is Aquaman cancelled?  I don't see any solicits after next months issue 38.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2018, 08:11:07 PM »

Is Aquaman cancelled?  I don't see any solicits after next months issue 38.

No, it's there

AQUAMAN #39
written by DAN ABNETT and ROB WILLIAMS
art by VICENTE CIFUENTES
cover by RAFA SANDOVAL
variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON
Guest-starring Task Force X, and continuing from SUICIDE SQUAD #45, also on sale this month! After Atlantis rises to the surface once more, Aquaman finds himself outnumbered and outgunned when Amanda Waller sends in the worst of the worst—the Suicide Squad—to send the Lost City straight to Hell in “Sink Atlantis!” part two!
ON SALE 08.15.18
$3.99 US | 32 PAGES
FC | RATED T
This issue will ship with two covers.
Please see the order form for details.

and in September -

AQUAMAN #40
“SINK ATLANTIS” FINALE!
GUEST STARRING THE SUICIDE SQUAD!
written by DAN ABNETT and ROB WILLIAMS
art by VICENTE CIFUENTES
cover by RAFA SANDOVAL
variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON
The finale of “Sink Atlantis”, the four-part crossover with the Suicide Squad! The undersea kingdom of Atlantis is overrun with black-ops super-villains; a dethroned ex-King of the Seven Seas; and a former assassin-mermaid from the Bermuda Triangle, all locked on a collision course! The Suicide Squad, Aquaman and Mera: no holds barred!
ON SALE 09.19.18
$3.99 US | 32 PAGES
FC | RATED T
This issue will ship with two covers.
Please see the order form for details.

I know MY last issue will be #38, before this crossover, however, so in a way, for me, I guess I should have just answered "yes"
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2018, 08:46:03 PM »

I know MY last issue will be #38, before this crossover, however, so in a way, for me, I guess I should have just answered "yes"
 Cheesy

Lol.  I should have said "Answer doesn't matter" because 38 is my last issue too.  Just wanted to make sure it was the finale of the arc.   Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2018, 09:17:14 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy
Good jump point for us both then
 Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS