HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:13:59 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Valiant TPB Reading List  (Read 4521 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 17, 2016, 03:46:48 PM »

All right!  I'm finally up to my Valiant TPB's!  Here is the list of trades that I have on the stack.  It's large but if I remember right, Valiant reads pretty fast.  I only have two other TPB's on order; Wrath of the Eternal Warrior which shipes this month and Ninjak TP Vol 03 Operation Deadside which hasn't come out yet.

Once I get through these, I'll be adding Valiant in digital and will stay caught up with everyone else!  Or at least close to it, as I'll wait a month to get the cheaper price.   Grin

Eternal Warrior TPB Vol 3 Days of Steel
Harbinger TPB Vol 5 Death of a Renegade
Harbinger TPB Vol 6 Omegas
Imperium TPB Vol 1 Collecting Monsters
Unity TPB Vol 2 Trapped by Webnet
Unity TPB Vol 4 The United
Unity TPB Vol 5 Homefront
Archer & Armstrong TPB Vol 5 Mission Improbable
Archer & Armstrong TPB Vol 6 American Wasteland
Archer & Armstrong TPB Vol 7 The One Percent and Other Tales
X-O Manawar TPB Vol 9 Dead Hand
Dead Drop TPB
Imperium TPB Vol 2 Broken Angels
Unity TPB Vol 6 The War-Monger
Ninjak TPB Vol 2 The Shadow Wars
X-O Manawar TPB Vol 10 Exodus
Book of Death TPB
Book of Death The Fall of the Valiant Universe TPB
Bloodshot Reborn TPB Vol 2 The Hunt
Imperium TPB Vol 3 The Vine Imperative
Ivar, Timewalker TPB Vol 3 Ending History
Unity TPB Vol 7 Revenge of the Armor Hunters
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 12:14:17 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 01:43:43 AM »

...  I only have two other TPB's on order; Wrath of the Eternal Warrior which shipes this month and Ninjak TP Vol 03 Operation Deadside which hasn't come out yet.

And sadly, I can honestly say, neither are really worth reading.  Undecided As much as I am a huge fan of Ninjak, that "Deadside" arc was just not very good. It was also just a little too weird for me. It read like a bad Grant Morrison run
 Grin
Me reading and going "Ummm, okay ?? But, wait, what?" a heck of a lot and not finding too much joy or fun in it. It may read better collected, I sure hope it does, but monthly ... that run was just too hard to get into.

Also, I have enjoyed some Eternal Warrior at times, but the first 3 issues of that "Wrath of..." run was plenty for me. I stopped after three I think. I may have even opened issue 4 and just stopped at page 2 or something.

As for the rest of your list ...

Dead Drop TPB
Book of Death TPB

I also think you can stop reading Unity after vol 5 ... maybe 6, but I think vol 5 is the best place to stop. I know vol 7 was just not good as it contains a throw away couple issue arc that wasn't good and a final issue that is like a comedy issue.

I haven't finished the A&A books yet, even though I am piling up the new run now  Cheesy so I can't speak of how that is. I took a break after issue 5 or so and have yet to find my way back.

Ivar is a great story !!!! But as you only have the 3rd volume listed, I hope you remember what happened. It wraps up well, but you really need to remember what happened prior. Maybe get a refresher before starting vol3?

Imperium had waves of greatness. Just some really good stuff, then it bogged down a tad in the middle but has since regained speed. The robot in there is waay too cool
 Grin

Bloodshot Reborn is great (still is) and the Ninjak title, except for those issues in vol 3 regarding Nightside  Wink and the Book of Death are pretty fun!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 12:20:41 PM »

Not bad. Pretty predictable plot but an interesting story.  If your a fan of the Eternal Warrior I think you will enjoy this.  If not then you won't miss anything by skipping this one.

3.5 out of 5 minstrel theorbos

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 12:27:32 PM »

Quote from: Perry

Ivar is a great story !!!! But as you only have the 3rd volume listed, I hope you remember what happened. It wraps up well, but you really need to remember what happened prior. Maybe get a refresher before starting vol3?

The proof that it's a good story? The fact that I still remember everything that happened up to this point.  That says something coming from my sieve of a brain.  Smiley

I may move it up the list since it's one I really want to read.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 01:35:33 PM »

Seems like I'm moving slow but I think I can be done by summer's end.

Dead Drop TPB
Book of Death TPB

EDIT:  Finished Imperium so just changed this instead of relisting.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 05:50:25 PM by Jeff » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS