HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:27:23 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Heroes Return  (Read 4665 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 16, 2016, 02:47:22 PM »

Was thinking over the week-end that I may try and read all the Heroes Return stuff again, and it hit me, I don't think I read a majority of it the first time!!

I know I recently tried to "re-read" the Avengers title (during one of my many 'Man, I miss Perez art' feelings) and I only made it through a couple issues before getting sidetracked on ... some Image title I can only assume ... or maybe it was Secret Wars(?) ... hmmm .... anyway, back to my point ... I know I recently tried to re-read the Avengers Hero Return, but I will be damned if I can remember ever reading any of the other titles. I don't think I even remember really reading the Fantastic Four's title during this time. I know I didn't read Hulk (was he even involved or ... what was going on with him?) nor did I read Thor and I really do't recall reading any Iron Man or Cap either!

Now I have read parts of all of them later, but I am sure I was pretty much out of comics at this time and so I don't think, or damn sure can't recall, that I ever read like issues 1-12 or 1-20 of these 'Return' issues. Think I may try and give all those a run through. Give the ANMN titles that I am reading time to build up issues and read this older stuff.

Or maybe I will wake up tomorrow and say "naaaaah"
 Grin Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 02:45:51 AM »

That FF stuff was with Carlos Pacheco on art. During his best days. Looooved the look of it. I remember George Berryman's reviews at the time were decidely cranky about certain aspects of the title, but I found it to be quite enjoyable and light hearted and the family/action team that I liked to read about.

I really did like that Avengers. So big, so big story, kinda goofy, but all with the intention of being full of heart and adventure! Thank you Busiek and Perez!!

Iron Man? Eh, this time didn't make me a super fan, I think. I think within a year of Return is when Y2K was a thing, and Iron Man's armor went sentient. Not great times.

Cap was....Waid? No...Cap was...Crap, maybe Waid!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 03:30:58 PM »

Thanks for the thoughts, Jimbo !!  Cool Darn, sucks about Iron Man, though that sentient armor sounds kinda cool to me. LOL Still may save it for last if you didn't enjoy it as much as the others however.
 Smiley

Though now that I am into that Afterlife with Archie and Chilling Tales of Sabrina (just read the first issue of both), I am putting this back on the ... umm ... back-burning once again.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 03:36:16 PM »

Though now that I am into that Afterlife with Archie and Chilling Tales of Sabrina (just read the first issue of both), I am putting this back on the ... umm ... back-burning once again.

Wait....your putting Marvel on back burner for.....Archie?    Huh

Who are you?  And what have you done with Perry?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 03:49:19 PM »

Wait....your putting Marvel on back burner for.....Archie?    Huh

Who are you?  And what have you done with Perry?

Cheesy, I am putting older Marvel on the back-burner  Wink ... and just until I get caught up on those two titles, whoch only have about 11 issues total. LOL
These two titles are NOT like your typical Archie book. This stuff is like Walking Dead type of stuff. Both books are horror titles and far, far, far from "Archie". Really good stuff (Especially the Sabrina one which is a better, scarier witch story than Scott Snyder's Wythes. Yes, I said it!!!! And meant it!!!!!)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS