HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:00:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HUCK  (Read 4936 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 27, 2016, 09:36:15 AM »

Well as sad as I am that this book took a slight turn from being THE Superman book of the past year, I still say this was a win. I mean, I still want more so that is good right?
 Smiley

Sure it ended up being more in tune with a demon called Hellboy than an alien named Kal-El, but I think enough shown through at the end of this issue to bring the "boy-scout" aspect back into play
 Smiley

Regardless of who the protagonist was closer in literary similarity to, this was still a fun little romp that put a little more light in the ever more gloomy heroic world. So yay!!

I give the entire series a very respectful 8 outta 10 Helping Hands
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 12:27:45 PM »

I got one more issue to go.

I won't lie, in storytelling form, that this feels much more like 4 issues stretched out over 4.

Very good storytelling, still, over the 5 issues I've read, but not very dense. The big moments hit big each time they were revealed and told, but it felt...slim.

Very good!~just slim.

If that makes any sense with me repeating it twice.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 01:37:33 PM »

I understand, but after reading #6 ... I can't picture all that being squeezed into 4 issues. You could do it, but I think you would sacrifice the already small amount of emotional attachment you would have to the characters.

But that's just me  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 02:38:40 AM »

I wouldn't say that it should be only 4 issues...I truly enjoyed the silent moments of Huck helping kittens, picking up trucks to help others, wagging a naughty finger...but I guess when you have a book focused solidly on one figure, you won't have sidebars of other characters.

You know how some movies are only an hour thirty, and you can't believe that its that short, while other movies are almost 3 hours, and don't say a thing?

It's like that, where I go "there isn't much dialogue, or much to it at times, but damned if I don't like this story."  Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 12:31:14 PM »

You know how some movies are only an hour thirty, and you can't believe that its that short, while other movies are almost 3 hours, and don't say a thing?

Grin
Yeah, I get ya. I can understand that.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 04:49:05 AM »

Just finished issues 1 & 2 and I like it!  I'm enjoying the premise am looking forward to the next issue.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 12:32:33 PM »

Great mini series.  I really enjoyed everything about this.  I'm hoping for a sequel.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS