HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:39:51 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Death of X  (Read 5297 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 11, 2016, 02:12:04 PM »

With Marvel's newest upcoming Mutant event, Death of X, right around the corner and without knowing anything about what that event will entail (though Marvel is pushing speculation it may be an actual end of the mutants as they have, according to BC, extremely lowered the price on all their warehoused X books) I thought I would throw this up just because it was pretty cool to reminisce about the good ole days

(and no, I can't see Marvel actually wiping out the X-men. Why would they?)

*Volume needed to hear narration ... duh  Cheesy

And don't forget to check into the Avengers video seen HERE as well if this nostalgia hits you thus
 Grin
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 03:30:27 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 04:28:51 PM »

Okay, so issue #3 is almost proving to me that
Emma is going back to being bad
. It has to be.

This is still not great, but this issue, where nothing really happened, was about the best so far. That is not saying much, but ...

Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 04:48:24 PM »

I went ahead and read your spoiler and if that theory is true I'm going to enjoy seeing that return.  Could set the stage for some good stories.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 05:46:32 PM »

I never ... well ... I have to hide this as it will spoile the spoiler tag  Grin ..

but I have never liked her as a "good guy" anyway. She is a homewrecker !!  Cheesy Okay, that may be pushing it, but I do think she works better as a bad guy. Of course, I never liked Mags leading the team either. So maybe ... I guess I just don't believe in rehibiltation  Cheesy Cheesy, even though as a semi-liberal, that should be a point of concern for me. Criminals, well non violent felons that have paid their dues and seved their time we mandated for them to serve ... sure they can vote.  Magneto being a good guy? HELL NO !!!!
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 01:54:56 PM »

Sooooo Issue #4

This entire thing was pretty much a disaster. You can tell ... no, I shouldn't say that, let me do it this way ... I "suspect" that this was a rush job. I think that Marvel either forgot about Cyclops or had to make a late call and make this book in this manner. There is nothing here, other than to show what happened to a certain X character who has been missing since Secret Wars.

Once you guys read these four issues, those that will get that far I mean  Cheesy) all of my past statements will come around to be true ... ish  Cheesy

I will say, that even though this could have really been done in a one-shot, the resolution, the answer and the sole purpose for this, was pretty cool. However, for the death of another character in issue one, I may hate Marvel for awhile for that dick move (though maybe I'm taking that too personal  Grin). Other than that, as for this four issue mini ... meh

4 outta 10 - mistreated Mutants (for the series)
 Undecided

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS